Chapter 20 (Silence)

(Y/n)

I look at myself in the mirror and straighten my black dress. I sigh heavily, running my hand through my hair.

Today was Patrick's funeral. A week after we beat Pennywise, the bodies of the children were found, meaning Patrick's.... And Henry's.

He's alive. That son of a bitch is alive.  (If this is wrong in the second chapter, I'm fucked again.) He committed to murdering all of them. Patrick, Georgie, Betty, and Edward. I honestly don't get why he did it, but I'm pretty sure it had to do with Pennywise. 

I turn from the mirror and grab my purse from my desk chair before walking out of my room. I go downstairs to see my mother and father waiting for me.

"Ready?" My mother asks, and I nod in response. She was dressed in a plain black dress with blingy jewelry around her neck and ears. My father was dress in a black suit like usual.

I'm not really close to my father at all really. He's always working or just doesn't want to talk. He yells and shouts at my mother for making the smallest mistakes, so I'm nervous to be around him, if I'm honest.

We walk out the door and into the car. The ride there is silent and I stare out the window the whole time, thinking happy thoughts.

Once we get there, I make my way towards the front of the church. I walk into see a lot of people here already. I search around for Vic and Belch and I spot them quickly with their families. 

I want to talk to them about Henry and how they fucking helped him find me. We are on bad terms right now, considering I threw rocks at them and the whole Henry thing.

I start to walk towards them, but the preacher walks up to the podium and I'm forced to sit down with my family.

I look down the whole time the preacher and his family speaks about Patrick. I do look up a couple times to see his mother crying hysterically and his father stoned face. I feel bad for his family, finding out their son's best friend murder them.

I find myself getting teary eyed when Belch does his speech. He speaks of all the fun times they had in their childhood and this summer.

I sigh in relief when it finally ends and I make my way towards Belch who gets up to go to Vic.

I place my hand on his shoulder, making him look at me. "(Y/n)," He says, suprised. "How are you?" Belch asks awkwardly.

"We need to talk," I inform and look over to Vic to see him giving us a confused look. I motion for him to follow me before walking out of the church.

I stop on the sidewalk and turn to my former friends, Vic and Belch. "If this is about messing with the Losers Club, we're so fucking sorry. We changed. I promise," Vic says quickly.

I shake my head, looking at both of them. "Do you know what happened to me on July 21?" I ask, starting to get kinda pissy.

Belch furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head. Vic purses his lips and squints his eyes, thinking. "Not at all," he says.

"Do you remember Henry taking you to a park and then to Mike Hanlon's farm?" I ask, trying to spark their memory.

Belch's eyes light up and nods. "Yeah, I do." Vic stands there for a second before nodding also.

"Do you know why?" I ask and I get a head shake from both teens. I sigh heavily in relief before hugging both tightly. "Thank God," I mutter and I feel their arms wrap around me.

"Why?" Vic asks, sounding confused. I step away from them. I shuffle my feet, not making eye contact with either of them.

"Henry tried to rape me," I say quietly before looking up to see their expressions with a painful face.

Vic and Belch look at me uncomfortably and slightly angry, but not suprised.

"I went to Mike's to be safe and Henry followed me in your car," I look to Belch to see him gulp.

"I remember Henry yelling at us to get their as quick as possible. He seemed so angry when he couldn't find a way into Homeschool's house," Vic says before slumping slightly in disappointment. "I'm so fucking sorry, (Y/n). If I knew he did that to you, I would've done something."

Belch places a hand on my shoulder and look from Vic to him. "It's best for everyone that he's in an asylum now. I hope it didn't fuck you up to bad."

I nod slightly and smile at how kind they are being. "I think I'm dealing with it well enough," I say.

"(Y/n)," My father's voice comes behind me and I feel his cold hand on my other shoulder.

Belch quickly takes his hand away from me. My father doesn't really like my ex-boyfriend's friends as you might imagine.

"Goodbye. I'll see you at school," I say quietly before my father steers me away and towards the car with my mother. I get into the car and the ride home is filled with silence yet again.