Chapter 36 (Cross My Heart)

(Y/n)'s POV

I reach the front of my high school and grimace deeply at how much I'd rather be literally anywhere else. Maybe not the sewers with Pennywise though.

I walk up to the steps to the school while looking around for my friends eagerly. I spot Mike, Richie and Eddie in the distance. I couldn't help but smile at the familiar faces and jog up to them.

I sneak up behind Eddie and grab his shoulders firmly. "Nice ass, Eddie," I whisper in his ear, trying to do my best impression of an old perv. I'm confident it was better than any of Richie's impressions.

Eddie jumped back and looked at me with disgust. "I would be flattered, but you scared me shitless," he says aggravated.

I laugh at him which Mike and Richie join in on. "I mean she's not wrong, Eddie," Richie comments which I can tell that he instantly regrets when I give me a devilish grin. I see a tint of pink on Eddie's checks which he obviously tries to hide.

I'm about to say something to make fun of the two, but I'm interrupted by Bill and Stanley walking up to us.

"Hey, guys," Stanley greets us, not trying to make eye contact with me. I get why he's not, but I wish he could act normal around me after he confessed to me.

The bell rings and we start to walk up to the front doors of the school. Stanley, Bill, Richie and Eddie engage in a conversation which gives me the opportunity to talk to my boyfriend alone.

"What did you parents say when you got home?" Mike asks curiously.

"You know..... just said that I can't talk to you anymore," I say sarcastically while not looking at him. "The conversation was cut short though."

"What the fuck?" Mike said angrily, looking down at me as we walked.

I look up at him. "I won't let them pull us apart. I promise."

Mike sticks out his pinkie to me. I smile at the gesture and wrap mine around his as we walk through the school doors.

I look away from him as we walk down the hallway. I notice that most of the kids would watch Mike and I as we walked, making me confused. We don't get this type of attention. Our friends gave us confused looks also.

"Do you think..." I look at Mike and trail off, but I can see that he was thinking the same thing as me.

"Greta," We said in unison.

At the cafeteria later that day Mike and I made a plan to confront the girl. I was about to get up from our lunch table, but a girl came up to me.

"I just wanted to say that you two make a really good couple," the girl said. She sounded genuine.

I was kinda taken aback by how nice her comment was. I gave her a genuine smile back. "Thank you." I lean towards her a little bit. "Do you mind telling me what other people are saying?"

"Everyone thinks the same as me as far as I know. I know you guys probably didn't want it out. I could tell you who told everyone," the girl suggests.

I shake my head. "We already know who it is. Thank you though."

The girl nods and goes back to her friends. I look to Mike and then my friends. "Well I guess we don't have to go fuck her shit up," Richie says to me.

"Greta would crumble you into a ball," I say and roll my eyes at him.

"Do you think it's true?" Mike asks me. "Of course. She seemed pretty genuine," I reply to him as the bell rings.

"I'll see you later, guys," I say before my friends go to their classes. I kiss Mike's cheek, happy that I don't have to hide anymore.

I walk with Eddie to our next class. "So you're not going to talk to Greta at all?" He asks.

I shake my head and keep on walking. "There's no point now. Everyone knows and they are okay with it."

Eddie nods his head in agreement. "I wish it would be like that if I dated Richie."

I stop walking in the middle of the hallway. I see Eddie's cheeks flare up and his eyes widen at the sudden realization of what he just said.

"You like him!" I say overjoyed with my eyes wide.

Eddie claps his hand over my mouth in a desperate act to shut me up. He drags me into an empty classroom, locking the door behind us.

Eddie lets go of me and I start talking again immediately, "I always teased you guys about this, but I wasn't sure if it was real."

"Please don't tell anyone," he begs me. I draw an X on my chest with my finger. "Cross my heart and hope to die."

"Thank God," Eddie mumbles and unlocks the classroom door. I want to ask more questions, but the late bell is about to ring, so it's probably best at this time if I don't.