01. The Story begins

.
.
BamBam nervously chewed on his pencil, staring at his sheet of math homework. He decided to take a break, closing his math books and walking towards his window. The Thai boy rested his hand under his chin, sighing loudly as he took in the fresh scent of lemons from the neighbor's tree. His family moved from Thailand to Korea for a better job opportunity a year ago. He wasn't given a choice, he was just dragged away by his parents. He missed his best friends Jackson and Lisa a lot.

BamBam slowly opened his eyes, looking at the neighbor's window when he spotted a boy playing the piano. The sound was so beautiful and relaxing for the Thai boy, so he just stood there, watching the boy continue to play. BamBam had seen the boy a few times before, but he was always in a bad mood to take a good look at him or even talk to him. The music suddenly stopped, causing the Thai boy to pout.

The mysterious boy turned around, noticing BamBam was watching him. The boy smiled and waved at BamBam, yelling a "Hey." BamBam squealed, throwing himself down on the floor. His cheeks burned a dark pink, his heart racing from the embarrassment of being caught. He heard the boy laugh, calling out to him. BamBam sat up, peeking from the corner of the window.

"I'm Yugyeom. What's your name?" The boy asked as he stuck his head out from his window. BamBam's cheeks began to burn hotter. He gulped, feeling too embarrassed to talk. "Don't worry, I don't bite" The boy named Yugyeom smiled. BamBam just squealed again, dashing out of his room, leaving Yugyeom talking to himself. "Hey! Where did you go?! Did I say something wrong?" Yugyeom called out, frowning that the boy had ran away.
——-

It had been three weeks since that little incident and BamBam was still embarrassed. He put up curtains on his window, never opening them. Now, he was walking to school when he spotted the boy behind him. "Hey!" Yugyeom smiled and waved, running over to the Thai boy. BamBam squealed, running as fast as he could into an alley way, hiding behind the trash can. Yugyeom frowned again, knowing the Thai boy had ran away from him again. He sighed, giving up as he walked away. BamBam waited for about ten minutes, making sure the Korean boy was nowhere to be seen before coming out of his hiding place, continuing his walk to school.

In that whole year that he'd been living in Korea, he hadn't even made one friend. He was the shy type, too scared to talk to others. That's what made it easy for him, Jackson and Lisa to become best friends. They were complete opposites but somehow, they fat perfectly well together. BamBam smiled at the memories of his best friends all the way to school.

BamBam walked over to his locker, taking out his books before closing it, making his way to his math class. He slid into his seat at the back of the room. The Thai boy sat at a double desk by himself, not like he cared anyway. He rested his hand on his chin, sighing, tapping his nails on the desk. His classmates were already loud, throwing things around the classroom, nothing new, but they suddenly went quiet. He heard the girls whispering, "Why is there a Sophomore in a class full of Juniors?" As well as another group of girls whispering on about how hot the boy was and how they'd want to "tap that."

"Listen up class, we have a student joining our class from now on. I know what you're all thinking, why is there a sophomore in this class? Well, he's here because he's the top student in his grade. Why don't you introduce yourself?" Mrs. Tuan smiled. BamBam wasn't even paying attention. Not like he cares about the sophomore anyway.

"I'm Kim Yugyeom, please take care of me." This caught the Thai boy's attention, his head shot up- nearly getting whiplash, his cheeks burning as he saw his neighbor standing in front of the class.

"I'll gladly take care of him!" Suzy smirked. Causing all of the girls to giggle and whistle at Yugyeom. He shifted uncomfortably, looking down at his shoes.

"Quiet down class!" Mrs. Tuan yelled, causing everyone to shut up. "You may take a seat next to Mr. Bhuwakul in the back" she smiled, pointing to BamBam's table. BamBam's jaw dropped, his palms beginning to sweat. The Korean boy walked over to the desk, taking a seat. He took a good look at the Thai boy, finally recognizing him.

"Hi" Yugyeom smiled brightly. "Do you remember me? We're neighbors" The Korean boy smiled even wider than BamBam thought possible. BamBam gulped, putting his head down on the desk, ignoring the boy. Yugyeom pouted, poking the Thai boy's shoulder. No response.

"Since everyone already has a partner for the upcoming project, Yugyeom, you'll have to pair up with Kunpimook. Is that okay?" Mrs. Tuan smiled. Yugyeom nodded, smiling widely at the fact that he had finally learned the boy's name. Kunpimook.

On the other hand, BamBam was dying. He was too embarrassed to even look up, so he grabbed his backpack, dashing out of the classroom. "What is going on here?! Mr. Bhuwakul! Get back here!" Mrs. Tuan called after him, but the Thai boy was already gone. The whole class turned to look at Yugyeom, waiting for a response. He just shrugged, the class resuming shortly.

Yugyeom couldn't help but feel guilty that Kunpimook had ran away from him again. The younger boy blamed himself, was it something he had said? Was it the way he talked to him? Did his breath smell bad? Does he hate me or something?

On the other hand, BamBam had ran all the way home. His cheeks still burning, his hands still shaking. He ran into his bathroom, tugging on his own hair, tears streaming down his face.

Why was it so hard for him to talk?!

Why didn't he have a say in staying in Thailand?!

The Thai boy punched his mirror, blood beginning to run down his knuckles. He fell on the floor, letting out all of his frustration. All he wanted was for things to go back to the way they used to be. Just him, Jackson and Lisa. Having sleepovers, eating pizza and hearing his best friends ramble on about random things all day. He just wanted his old life back. Ever since he came to Korea, all he heard was the voices in his head calling him useless. A burden. An embarrassment.

He ran over to the toilet, throwing up all of his breakfast. Which consisted nothing, but water. Once he finished, he took a quick shower, rubbing his puffy pink eyes as he crawled into his bed. The Thai boy couldn't sleep due to his thoughts, so he just hugged his stuffed teddy bear, tears continuing to roll down his cheeks.