09. What is love?

.
.
The boys had finished their project and spent more time together. They'd get weird looks around school, but Yugyeom didn't care- he wanted everyone to know about his feelings towards the Thai boy. BamBam on the other hand was really sensitive and shy, so every stare would frighten him, but Yugyeom was there to reassure him. BamBam nervously fidgeted with his fingers, his head down as he walked next to the younger boy. He could feel the stares burning into his skin, but if he kept his head down, it would be easier.. right?

Wrong.

A girl furiously marched in front of them, glaring at the Thai boy. Suzy. "What's going on here?! Why are you hanging out with the Thai loser?! Is he bothering you?" Suzy smiled warmly at Yugyeom.

"No, we're fine. I'm free to hang out with whomever I'd like to" Yugyeom calmly responded, causing gasps and laughs to fill the hallway. BamBam whimpered, hiding behind Yugyeom's tall figure like a coward. He was never used to having that amount of attention at all.

Suzy smirked, grabbing Yugyeom's hand. "Yuggie.. I see what you're trying to do here. You don't need to hang around the Thai boy to make me jealous" Suzy pushed her brown curls away from her face. Yugyeom scoffed, pulling his hand away from her's.

"I don't like you, Suzy. Just leave me alone please" Yugyeom smiled, grabbing BamBam's hand. She furiously walked over to the Thai boy, getting ready to attack him. Luckily, Yugyeom reacted quickly, grabbing her arm before she got to hit BamBam. He pushed her arm away, causing people to gasp again and pull out their phones to record.

"G-Gyeom makes me the happiest I've ever been a-and I d-don't intend on e-ever leaving him. E-Especially to someone as disgusting and bitter as you" BamBam suddenly spoke up,  a nervous blush rushing up to his cheeks. The students were all taken back since the Thai boy never talked. "He's not some piece of meat waving in front of your face. Control your hormones. Please and Thank you" BamBam forced a smile, getting confident once he heard giggles erupt the whole hallway. Yugyeom smiled cheekily, suddenly picking up BamBam bridal style. The older boy gasped, "P-Put me down, G-Gyeom! People are looking!" The Korean boy just ignored him, carrying him around the hallway. The girls in the hallway squealed in excitement, Suzy snapping at them to shut up.

BamBam's face was buried in the Korean boy's chest, trying to hide his rosy pink cheeks. Yugyeom had carried the boy out of the building- all the way to the field, under the bleachers. "You're going to miss class, Gyeom. Go" BamBam spoke up.

"I don't care, I would rather skip with you" Yugyeom smiled cheekily, causing BamBam's heart to flutter. The boys sat in silence, playing with the grass underneath them. Yugyeom wanted to pop the question, but he wasn't sure if it was the time. They still barely knew each other.

"Bambi?" Yugyeom asked softly. The Thai boy looked up at him, waiting for a response. "Would you be my b- actually- well" Yugyeom stuttered nervously, causing the Thai boy to giggle. The younger boy swallowed the lump in his throat, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

BamBam just crawled over to the younger boy, resting his head on Yugyeom's chest. "D-Did you really mean what you said to me that day you thought you were dreaming? D-Did you- I mean.. d-did you l-like it?" It was Yugyeom's turn to blush, resting his chin on BamBam's head. He hoped the Thai boy couldn't hear how fast his heart was beating.

"Y-Yeah" BamBam let out a shaky breath, feeling the burning heat on his cheeks. Yugyeom pulled the older boy onto his lap, BamBam instinctively wrapping his skinny arms around Yugyeom's torso, hearing the fast heartbeat coming from the younger boy.