16. Dumb dumb

.
.

Today marked a whole week of BamBam and Jackson's romantic relationship. Lisa wouldn't admit it, but she was very annoyed when Jackson had told first her the news. It's very understandable why she would be annoyed when she has her two boy best friends dating, leaving her all alone and third wheeling the whole time... but maybe, just maybe there was more to her annoyance that she would admit to. Now, she sat on the couch of BamBam's house, watching Jackson feeding BamBam cereal. It was sickening to watch, but oddly cute in a way. Don't get her wrong, she was happy BamBam was finally moving on and Jackson was the happiest she'd ever seen the Chinese boy, but it somehow hurt her own confidence and pride.

"Lisa. Lisa?" Jackson called out to her twice, cutting her away from her thoughts.

"Y-Yeah?" Lisa brushed away her remaining thoughts as Jackson sat down next to her on the couch.

"You okay? You've been acting a little weird the past few days. What's going on?" Jackson whispered, not wanting BamBam to worry.

"N-Nothing's going on. I'm okay" Lisa forced a smile, turning her gaze away from Jackson's curious puppy-like brown eyes.

"I'm taking BamBam out for some ice cream. Want to come?" Jackson asked.

"No thanks, Jacks. I'll just go out for some fresh air on my own" Lisa smiled.

"It's not safe for a pretty girl like you to be wondering around in a foreign city. Come with us" Jackson pouted cutely, making Lisa's heart throb in her chest for some reason. She had found it very odd that her heart randomly reacted that way, but she brushed the feeling off every time it happened.

"I've got two bottles of pepper spray, Jackson. I'll be okay on my own" Lisa added, causing Jackson to nonetheless nod hesitantly before grabbing BamBam, lacing their fingers together. She watched the two boys walk out, letting out a shaky breath she didn't realize she had been holding the whole time. She grabbed the bottles of pepper spray, shoving them in her purse before locking up the Bhuwakul family home and walking out without a destination in her mind.

After walking for a few hours, Lisa had ended up at a beach for some reason, but she just continued to walk, feeling relieved she wasn't with Jackson and BamBam. She felt suffocated just watching her two best friends be all cute and cheesy while she sat all alone. Yet, it was even worse this morning when all three of them sat at the table for breakfast and she just sat there, watching Jackson not being able to keep his hands to himself, as well as throwing non-stop compliments at his new boyfriend. Lisa just grabbed her plate and moved to the couch in that moment.

Lisa took in the salty, yet calming smell of the ocean when she saw two boys dash away from her from her from the corner of her eye. She dug her hand into her purse, taking out the bottle of pepper spray as she walked in the direction of the building. "Who's there?!" Lisa called out, holding the bottle of pepper spray in front of herself. She turned the corner, sighing in relief when she saw Youngjae with another boy.

"Hey beautiful, don't spray us.. please?" Youngjae smiled excitedly, showing his pearly white teeth.

"Youngjae- I'm literally right here" Jaebum clenched his jaw.

"Chill out, Bummie. You know I'm gay for you" Youngjae giggled. "Lisa, this is my boyfriend, Jaebum" Youngjae smiled politely as he introduced the two.