24. Sunrise

.
.

Yugyeom woke up to the loud sound of his alarm. He lazily slapped the device, hearing the sound shut off. He then turned to his left, expecting to see his boyfriend's cute little face, but he was all alone. Yugyeom couldn't help, but whine at the cold side of the bed where his boyfriend was supposed to be. The Thai boy explained he had to help his mother on something a day prior and the two boys would meet up again at school.

With a solemn look on his face, the younger boy dragged himself down the stairs for breakfast. He opened the fridge door in search for milk in order to make his favorite chocolate shake. Yugyeom quickly found the carton and smiled to himself exhaustedly. It was hard for him to sleep all alone as he was used to falling asleep with his boyfriend every night. Yugyeom nearly dropped the carton of milk when he saw his own mother staring at him from across the room with a huge smile on her face.

"Mom! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Yugyeom whined at his mother who only smiled back in response. "Did you ask him yet?" Mrs. Kim walked over to the kitchen for more coffee. She snatched the carton from her son, the younger pouting at the action. "Ask who what?" Yugyeom rubbed his temple, his head felt as if it was spinning and throbbing. He quickly came to the conclusion that he couldn't sleep without BamBam. Not again.

"You know~ Homecoming? Did you ask BamBam out yet?" His mother seemed to beam with excitement, but Yugyeom was way too tired to function properly. "He told me he doesn't want to go, we were thinking about having a movie night again, just the two of us" Yugyeom explained as he snatched the milk carton back from his mother. "Honestly, Yugyeom... you're an idiot."

"Why's that?" Yugyeom poured some of the milk into a blender, adding the chocolate syrup, and turning the blender on afterwards. "When someone says they don't want to go, it means they definitely want to go. How are you going to ask him? You've got to do it tonight, Homecoming is in a few days."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

"B-But how should I ask him?" Yugyeom pondered for a while as he switched the blender off, making sure his choco shake tasted well before pouring it into a cup.

"I know just the thing" Mrs. Kim beamed excitedly, the smile not leaving her lips.
-

BamBam woke up around the same time, feeling the same emptiness his boyfriend had felt this morning. He quickly got dressed and ate an apple as he logged into his laptop and Skyped his best friends. "Look whos up bright and early" Lisa smiled as she waved through the screen while the Thai boy rubbed his tired eyes. "What happened to you? You look like you got hit by a bus, no offense" Jackson appeared next to Lisa, shoving his face into the small camera.

"None taken."

"How are you feeling? Especially after yesterday?" Lisa asked with a serious face expression.

"It's fine, I'm fine."

"BamBam.. please tell me you told him."

"I can't just go up and tell him, he would get upset. I don't want him to blame himself because of what happened."

"This is serious, BamBam. You think fainting in the bathroom is healthy?! What if your mom didn't find you in time? He needs to know" Jackson replied. "It's not in my place to tell him, but I won't hesitate to do it myself. I know he will look after you well."