02. Knock knock

.
.
BamBam groaned to the sound of the door bell ringing. He stood up, his eyes bloodshot and puffy as he dragged himself downstairs to answer the door. He unlocked it, lazily opening the door. His eyes took a second to adjust to the bright sunlight until he finally saw the tall figure in front of him. Yugyeom. The Thai boy's eyes went wide, trying to slam the door on Yugyeom's face. However, the Korean boy stopped the door with his foot.

"Are you okay, Kunpimook? Why did you run off like that? Three times already. Is it something I said?" Yugyeom asked, letting himself inside the home. BamBam just sniffled, "Don't call me that, it's BamBam. Why are you here? It's not like we're friends."

"We could be, BamBam" Yugyeom smiled brightly. "What happened? Are you okay?" Yugyeom's smile quickly faded as he wiped a few tears from BamBam's cheeks. The Thai boy flinched from his touch, yelling for him to get out. Yugyeom flinched from BamBam's tone, frowning. "I said! Get out!" BamBam yelled once again. "Get out!"

"Okay okay. I just brought you the paperwork for our project. I'll come by tomorrow when you feel better" Yugyeom mumbled, setting the packet down on the desk, leading himself out. He turned back, opening his mouth to say something, but BamBam slammed the door in his face. Yugyeom sighed, walking over to his house. He laid in bed, wondering why the boy was so angry and upset.

'Did I say or do something wrong?' Yugyeom's heart clenched, feeling hurt for no apparent reason. He wasn't even sure why he was hurt. Like the Thai boy said, they weren't friends. So why did he care?

Meanwhile, BamBam continued to cry, walking over to his bathroom, pulling out a familiar blade. He sobbed louder. He promised Jackson and Lisa he wouldn't anymore. He shouldn't.

But it's not like his best friends are here anyway.

They wouldn't find out, they're back in Thailand.

BamBam's hands began to shake as he picked up the blade, walking over to his bed. He brought the blade up to the healed scars on his wrist, before he heard a yell from next door.

"Stop!" BamBam turned to the window, noticing the curtains were open. Yugyeom was the one who had yelled. BamBam's eyes went wide, shutting the curtains, ignoring Yugyeom's yells. He let out a shaky breath, pressing the blade into his skin. He hissed at the feeling, watching the blood begin to run down his arm. Yugyeom burst into his room, BamBam looking up at him in confusion.

"H-How d-did y-you" BamBam choked out. Yugyeom grabbed his other wrist tightly, snatching the small silver blade away. "What are you doing?! Stop!" BamBam yelled, trying to snatch the small silver object back, but Yugyeom was too tall for him to reach it. However, the Korean boy ignored him, throwing the blade into the toilet, flushing it afterwards.

"Don't ever do that again" Yugyeom sighed, pulling that Thai boy into a hug. BamBam pushed him away, slapping his cheek. Yugyeom hissed at the feeling, holding BamBam's wrists, trying to stop the Thai boy from fighting back. Yugyeom opened the first aid kit he'd had brought over from his house. BamBam began to sob quietly, giving up on fighting back. Yugyeom grabbed his wrist, cleaning the wound. BamBam hissed in pain, crying harder as Yugyeom gave him stitches. After a few hours, the Thai boy had ran out of tears. Yugyeom walked over to BamBam's drawers, pulling out a clean shirt and sweats. "Get dressed." No response.

"Do you want me to take it off for you?" Yugyeom asked. The heat quickly ran up to BamBam's cheeks, shaking his head. "T-Turn a-around." The Korean boy obeyed, letting the older boy get dressed. When he finished, Yugyeom lifted the covers over the boy. "I'll get going now, don't do anything stupid" Yugyeom said as he opened the curtains, so he'd have a good view from his room.

"G-Gyeom" BamBam sniffled. Yugyeom's heart melted at the nickname, humming in response. "D-Don't l-leave. P-Please?" BamBam began to sob again, reaching his hand out to the Korean boy. The Korean boy nodded, holding onto the Thai boy's hand. He climbed on the bed, causing BamBam to hug him like a teddy bear. Yugyeom gulped nervously, letting the older boy wrap his skinny arms around his waist. BamBam yawned, pressing his head against Yugyeom's back.

After all his time living in Korea... for once, he didn't feel so alone.
-

Yugyeom woke up, realizing the boy still had his arms around his waist. The heat rushed up to his cheeks, carefully squirming away from his grasp. He looked at the sleeping boy in-front of him. 'What would make him do this?' Yugyeom thought as he softly stroked the Thai boy's hair, fixing the blanket over him. He heard voices downstairs, maybe the boy's family had came back home. Yugyeom dashed towards the door, locking it. He then climbed out of the window. 'The lemon tree isn't so far, I could make it' The Korean boy thought.

Yugyeom jumped, climbing onto the lemon tree. He jumped off, catching his landing. He grabbed a basket, filling it with lemons. Yugyeom then walked inside of his house, finding a post it. He attached it to the brown medium sized basket. The note saying, "I hope you're okay, BamBam. I care about you, I really do. Take these lemons as a sign :) ." He quickly ran next door, leaving the basket on the front porch of the Bhuwakul family home.

Yugyeom went back into his room own and sighed, rubbing his tired eyes as he moved his desk to the front of the window, so he'd have a better view of the boy. He pulled out his homework, starting to work on it.