12. Dusk

.
.

The two young boys snuck around the neighborhood that night, hoping to not be caught by Mr. Bhuwakul. Yugyeom and BamBam hid in the little table underneath the park structure that was at least 30 minutes away from their homes. It was 2am when they decided to sneak out because they couldn't risk being caught together during light hours. This is how it happened:

BamBam was hugging his knees at the corner of the room, scared to make a single sound that would cause his dad to BOOM though the door. He heard a single pebble hit his window, causing him to slowly open the window, the frown on his lips quickly turning into his beautiful bright smile. It was Yugyeom, signaling him to come down. BamBam threw on a warm hoodie and slipped his shoes on, climbing onto the lemon tree. The Thai boy almost lost his balance, but Yugyeom caught him just in time, now greeting him with a soft, tender kiss.

Yugyeom didn't even explain, he just knew they had to get away, so they wouldn't be caught. The Korean boy didn't care if he was caught by his family, but it was the complete opposite for BamBam's situation. Both boys were madly in love in with each other, now kissing eachother tenderly as they held hands.

Yugyeom pressed his forehead against his boyfriend's, quickly pecking his nose. "Bambi.. don't get mad.. okay?" BamBam suddenly tensed up, immediately thinking of the worst case scenario.

"We have to go to the police."

"N-No I-I can't" BamBam pulled his hands away from his boyfriend's.

"What do you mean no?!" Yugyeom tried to mask the anger written in his words, but failed in the process. BamBam could do nothing, but flinch from the younger boy's tone. "He hurt you! I-I felt so powerless when h-he hit y-you!" Yugyeom scooted closer to the smaller boy, wrapping his arms around him protectively.

"G-Gyeom s-stop. We c-can't. My mom will be furious" BamBam replied.

"I don't want to feel powerless a-anymore! I-I love you!" Yugyeom spoke louder this time, watching a smile curve onto BamBam's lips.

"I-I love you t-too, but just trust me on this.."

Yugyeom sighed angrily, trying so hard to not go off and start swinging at Mr. Bhuwakul. Instead of yelling at the Thai boy again to knock some sense into him, he just pulled the older boy closer, pecking his cheeks.

"Race you to the swings!" The Thai boy giggled as he ran off, trying to forget about the topic. Yugyeom chased after him, accidentally tripping on a rock. The Thai boy caught him just in time, stopping his fall. Now Yugyeom hovered over him, a blush creeping onto both of their cheeks. The Korean boy leaned down, kissing BamBam on the lips gently. Both boys loved the simple and innocent gestures like holding hands and gentle kisses.

BamBam instinctively wrapped his arms around the younger boy's neck, closing the gap between their lips once again. They heard loud footsteps behind them, a group of older boys clenching their teeth. "What's going on here, fags? Having a little too much fun, are we?" One of the boys spoke up, immediately causing Yugyeom's blood to boil. He stood up, charging at the group of older boys.

The older boys didn't realize how tall Yugyeom was- until he stood up that is. His height was very intimidating, but they couldn't let their bad boy image go to waste around their friends. "Why don't you go back to your little boyfriend and fuck him for us, Huh?" Another boy asked.