03. Winds

.
.
Yugyeom woke up with his head down on his chemistry book. He gulped, almost getting whiplash from looking up so fast at BamBam's window in fear. Yugyeom hoped the boy was alright and didn't try to hurt himself again. He then saw BamBam's back facing him. Shirtless. Yugyeom's face quickly heated up, his hand over his mouth. He noticed the boy was very skinny, he could practically see his rib cage.

He wasn't sure why he cared so much about the Thai boy. There was just something about him that made Yugyeom wonder.. and made him want him to know more... to get closer. Yugyeom closed his curtains, dressing as fast as he could, brushing his teeth. He grabbed his backpack, running downstairs to the kitchen.

"Yugyeom what are you doing? School starts in an hour" Mrs. Kim chuckled at how desperate her son looked.

"I know it does, Mom. I just want to walk to school with our neighbor's son, he's a Junior at my school" Yugyeom panted as he made himself a sandwich.

"Hmm. Neighbor's son? That Thai boy?" Mrs. Kim raised her eyebrow in interest. A smile tugged on her lips, causing Yugyeom's face to turn a bright red.

"D-Don't say that, Mom. I just want us to be f-friends" Yugyeom smiled slightly, wrapping his sandwich to-go. 'But is that really what I want?Just friends?' The Korean boy thought. 'Of course that's what I want, I barely know the boy' he erased the thoughts from his head.

"Friends? I see" Mrs. Kim laughed, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Mommm! Stop that!" Yugyeom whined, embarrassed. He grabbed his things, walking towards the door.

"Take things slow and text me when you get to school!" Ms. Kim yelled, almost choking on her coffee due to laughter.
——

Yugyeom immediately spotted the Thai boy, so he ran over to him. "Hey!" Yugyeom smiled brightly until he saw the boy tugging his sleeve to hide the stitched up wound, trying not to bring up the topic of what had happened last night.

"What do you want?" BamBam asked softly, wanting to run.

"I want us to be uhh friends. Is there something wrong with that?" Yugyeom asked. The Thai boy forced a smile, continuing to walk. The Korean boy caught up to him.

"Why don't you go be friends with Suzy? She is clearly interested in you" BamBam replied, digging his hands into his hoodie pocket.

"Who's Suzy?" Yugyeom asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion. BamBam nearly choked on his spit due to laughter. The younger boy turned to look at BamBam, his mouth opened in awe, noticing how beautiful the older boy was.

Those beautiful brown eyes, the soft brown hair, the plump pink lips. Is that what love felt like?

If it was, then he knew he had fallen. Hard.

"The 'I'll gladly take care of him' girl" BamBam mimicked the girl's voice tone, causing Yugyeom to snap out of his daydream. He forced himself to recall his first day in that math class.

"She seems nice, but she makes me uncomfortable" Yugyeom admitted, not taking his gaze away from the beautiful Thai boy next to him.

"Why is that?" BamBam asked.

"Don't laugh at me.. okay?" Yugyeom bit his lip nervously, a soft blush creeping onto his cheeks. BamBam nodded, not knowing what to expect from the younger boy.