Washington D.C

My alarm clock rings on my night stand shaking the whole thing, I smack the top of it turning it off and groan, that means it 5:30 in the morning. I wipe my eyes and go to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth, I get dressed, wearing a pair of denim jeans and a sweater, I put my socks on and my white converse and quickly run down stairs, greeted by my mothers sad face pouring cereal into a bowl. My sleep went by faster than normal, I shouldn't have went to bed so late, maybe I wouldn't feel like this if I didn't.

"Good morning Mom." I greet her with a kiss on the cheek as she slides the bowl over to me after pouring the milk in it.

"I couldn't make you the breakfast you deserve but this will do, I'm sorry dear." She says kissing my forehead and heads upstairs. I eat my food quickly and keep my eye on the clock. Once it's six I grab my bag and run upstairs to my moms room.

"I've got to go Mom, I love you, incase I don't come back in my night stand is all the money I've saved, take it and support yourself, there's over 2,000 in the drawer." I whisper hugging her as she cries, she pulls away and kisses my cheek.

"I love you Jamie." She smiles and walks me to the steps, I slowly walk down the steps to the front door, I look back up at her but notice she's already left to her room. I take a step outside and am greeted by a black SUV with security guards already coming my way to escort me to the airport. One takes my bag and the other helps me in, I kindly thank them and silently look out the window as we drive away from my home that I might just never come home too. It begins to rain on the way there and traffic starts to build up, I over hear the man in the passenger seat on the phone.

"We have the last one, keep the plane ready to depart we are about 15 minutes away, we are sorry for the delay sir." I mentally groan knowing I'm only 15 minutes away from the plane. I let a single tear fall before I quickly wipe it away and close my eyes. Once we reach the airport I'm immediately directed to the plane and we take off in a matter of five minutes, first thirty minutes of the ride I just looked out the window looking at the clouds, the rest of the time I slept, preparing myself for this day full of energy being drained.  A flight attendant gently woke me up and handed me a water bottle which I great-fully excepted. I took a few big gulps and waited till we landed, I looked over at the two security guards, both were whispering to each other as if I wasn't sitting near them, I clear my throat and they break eye contact with each other to look at me.

"Who do you work for." I murmur breaking the awkward tension.

"The King." One says slowly sitting back in his seat.

"I don't believe you, you don't, look like one of, them." I gulp sending flashbacks of the horrific creatures they really are from what I've seen on the news. They look at each other and smirk and look back at me leaning closer to me.

"We are, trust me love." Says the other guy sliding off his sun glasses and showing his deep red eyes, he proceeds to smile showing his fangs; vampires. I gasp and lean back, shock is evident on my face. They are the creatures that my father used to tell me stories about, how they killed innocent people for food and were unable to love and care. They looked at me one last time then engrossed themselves back into there conversation speaking lightly as possible. The plane finally landed and they guards helped me off the plane into another SUV. We drove for another 40 minutes before reaching the ceremonial grounds, thousand of people were standing behind the large black gates, news anchors were standing besides them filming everything inside of these gates. I gulp and look at the other 19 girls all standing besides each other. None look happy, more dreadful, or scared. I was directed to stand next to a girl with long red hair and a freckled face, she looked older than I.

She smiles sadly at me and looks away from me, focusing down the line of all the other young girls beside us. I slowly look around me and see so much security was here. Everyone cheering excitedly, why are they so excited to see one of us girls taken from our families, casted away to creatures who are our predators? I hear applauding and I bring my attention to the president as he stands at the podium smiling happily to welcome the King who will be arriving very soon.

"Hello, thank you to all those who have showed up today to welcome the King as he picks from the twenty girls here with us today as his carrier. I'd personally like to thank all the girls for not making this personal and honoring our country. Ladies, without further ado, King Demitri!" He claps as a gush of window hits us and a black and blue portal opens. I watch as those around me are either thrilled to meet the King or are quaking in there shoes like me. I look back at the portal and see four men in black suits step out with black sunglasses on covering there eyes and not to far behind them stepped out a tall rather buff man in a blue suit walk through it, quickly closing behind him. He shakes hands with the President who looks rather timid, a short word with the President the King looks our way, the commotion coming from the gate proceeds till he raises his hand in the air quieting everyone around us.

He has yet to say a word to any of us, he starts with the first girl, whispers something to her making her shiver, he slightly touches her hair before dropping the strand and moving along. He finally gets to the fifth girl, rejecting the other four girls before her, he turns her head to the side and smells her neck making a sour face and moving away. Now to the seventh girl he speaks to her as he holds her hand. He moves on shortly after down to the twelfth girl. He smiles and looks down the line making eye contact with all of us, lastly savoring his eyes for me. He stands still as the wind howls, blowing my hair, he smells the air and continues to stare at me.

"Your name?" He appears in front of me causing me to jump back in panic and shock. I dont utter a word as fear ran down my body.

"Are you mute, speak." He says still calm as he softly places his hand on my shoulder. I look down at his rather large hand then back up at his smiling face, his smile is decent for a vampire.

"Jamie, my name is Jamie." I slowly mutter looking at his red eyes as his eyebrows furrow together as he concentrates. He grabs my hand and folds it in his, I look down at it monetarily confused until he speaks dragging me with him.

"My carrier." He announces to the President.

"What no, please!?" I beg looking at him as his face becomes rigid and he pulls me closer to him and brings his lips to my ear.

"You will be my carrier, I didn't make a mistake in choosing you, you are to bare my child with or without your consent. Am I understood?" He lowly whispers, the hairs on the back of my neck stand from his breath fanning across me. He slowly backs away from me and I nod my head as my legs tremor. The President announces me and we walk towards the portal, I look back at the cameras and mouth, mom, he holds my arm tightly and pulls me through, I close my eyes feeling my heart accelerate and my palms become sweaty. My feet are above hard flooring and my weight shifts. He lets go of my arm, my eyes are still closed monetarily wishing this was a dream.

"I'd like to introduce our carrier, Jamie, you all will protect and bow down to her, she will be carrying your future King, if any see harm come to her I expect you to kill whom ever it is inflicting it as your King that is an order." He states soundint so strong and sure, never hesitant as he spoke, knowing exactly what he wanted to say like he prepared for this day since he could remember. I finally opened my eyes and took in my new surroundings.

"Now everyone, welcome your carrier home!" The King shouted, the crowd below us cheered excitedly almost getting out of control.