Dinner's Awakening

Im on the third book and may I say, I'm quite frankly still flabbergasted that I'm to be put to death the same day my child is welcomed with opened arms. I hear Parker and Lincoln murmur a few words before the door opens and the two of them step aside for whom ever has opened the doors to enter. I lay the book down and slant my head trying to see who it is walking in.

"The King has asked for you in the dinning room thrown your majesty." A young girl no older than I am shyly says, even though she is a vampire so she must have stopped ageing a while ago. I nod my head softly and follow after her as those two hunks follow me.

"Are you a vampire as well?" I whisper to her, this awkward silence began to eat me up. She looks at me nervously and then back at those two nitwits behind us.

"Hey they don't matter, you won't get in trouble for answering this." I assure her seeing her face relax.

"I'm human, my father made a bet with a man who is a royal and well it costed my freedom, I prep the King and Queen's meals, as well as yours now." She smiles politely.

"I'm Jamie."

"Pearl, the King is right through those doors, he requested you come alone." She states, peering over my shoulder to Parker and Lincoln, I turn to them and wait for there approval, they nod there heads and I smile at them gracefully.

"Play nice." I joke and knock on the door once all three of them walk away.

"Come." I hear him say, I push the door and let it close behind me, sitting across from him from the extravagantly large table, is this table even necessary? He rings a bell women start hurrying in with loads of food, for me. They assist my needs then leave, meanwhile he only has in front of him was five blood bags, a cup, and a straw.

"Once you become pregnant you are to be on a diet, no junk food, and since this is my child you will be feeding it's need for blood, human blood at least once a month." He states, before even touching one of the bags.

"Eat, the food is well made." He says pointing to the large bowl of salad, two large steaks, pudding, mash potatoes, gravy, and a whole bunch of other foods I've never seen before.

"You expect me to drink that?" I ask mortified, blood, like the very kind pumping through my heart and veins?

"Yes, I do, my mother did it as did my fathers, and grandfather's and so on." He rambles.

"You're going to kill me after I give you my son." I tell him, biting into my salad first. He stops pouring his blood into the cup and sets it down to look over at me.

"First off that will be our son, and by law, yes, I have too." He emphasizes on our and rolls his eyes.

"Why?" I question taking a sip of water.

"So me and you lose all tethers together, our son will create a bond only we can break, by death. Our bond will become stronger than the Queen and myself. Which is not fair to her or me, I don't love you, I love her, this child will make me have feeling for you because your his mother." He justifies, well that stung a bit, so at least I know I'm 100 percent being used. I lay my fork down and wipe my mouth and stand up.

"Where are you going, dinner isn't over?" He asks standing up as well.

"Ive lost my appetite, I'd like to be excused, I'll have someone else show me to my room, goodnight King Demitri." I mutter throwing my napkin down on my chair and quickly walking out the door. Parker and Lincoln are arm wrestling with each other till they notice me walking out from the room and stand up straight following me. The King quickly walks out of the room and stops at the doors he grabs my wrist and turns me around.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asks sincerely looking into my eyes for an answer.

"I just would like someone other than you to take me to my room, please let go." I beg looking away from him and tugging my arm away. He sighs and lets go and looks around.

"You. Escort her to her room, thank you." Pearl turns towards us and nods immediately at the Kings request. I turn around to follow Pearl, Demitri pulls me by the waist, hitting my back against his chest.

"Goodnight Jamie, I will wake you at sun rise." He whispers in my hair as I feel goosebumps arise on my arms. I push away from him and follow Pearl.

"Dinner didn't go as planned?" She questions sadly.

"No, not at all, but it's okay, I'm only here for nine months." I assure, she smiles sadly at me and we countine our long walk to my room silently. Once reaching my room she tells me where my belongings are and shows herself out as Parker and Lincoln stand in my room.

"Get out. Go to bed. Don't you sleep?" I murmur. They shake there heads and stand there.

"Stand outside the door all night then, I don't want you in here, please, I need space from vampires for just a night if necessary." I beg, they nod and step outside for me, I shut the door and walk to the mirror looking at myself slowly unravelling myself from all these clothes leaving me in my underwear and bra. I lay under the covers turning off the light and feel the texture and even the air. The blankets are heavy and soft, the air is warm and not cold like most nightd where I shiver under a thin piece of material, tonight, I'm actually going to get a goodnights rest, even if vampire guards are outside my door, and if I'm the soon to be King's baby momma, or if there are vampires all around me outside waiting to meet me.