Push

I have Demitri besides me hold me hand and Lincoln besides me on my other side holding my hand, Helena down by my feet preparing for me to pus and Parker is outside the door, apparently Demitri told Corella about my labor and now she's on her way, I demanded Parker to not open that door when she arrives no matter how badly she tries to get through, this is my time with him. I cry in pain and feel the sweat stick to my body, I want out of these clothes.
"Can't I just do this in my bra, my legs are draped i don't care who see me right now, i feel suffocated?" I complain tugging at my shirt. Demitri lifts the hem of my shirt and pulls it over my head and tosses it somewhere behind him. I feel the cool air hit my skin, the breeze calms me down for some time.
"Are you ready?" Helena asks. It's been 14 hours already, I'm more than ready.
"I can push! Let me push please!" I shout feeling another contraction and the sudden urge to push is so overwhelming.
"Go ahead, push for ten seconds I'll count out loud ready? Let's go. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. None. Ten. Stop." She says I take a deep breath and try to relax. The potion she gave me she says is similar to an epidural but much safer and healthier. I look up at Demitri and he's staring down at me and smiling brightly. He's excited. He's about to have a baby. He's a new father. I shouldn't have doubted him, I know he's going to care for him in many ways. My boy will be happy without me.
"Demitri, I'm sorry I thought you were incapable of raising him, I thought you wouldn't love him enough since he is coming from a human and not your wife. I thought you would love her more than him and treat him poorly. But I see it in your eyes." I cry feeling over emotional.
"He's going to be happy and spoiled. I know you won't let anything happen to him." I cry letting the tears fall down my face, Demitri wipes my tears with the back of his hand and kisses my forehead.
"I'm ready." I sniff slightly sitting up ready to push again. Helena has her hands down there and nods her head and counts again. I squeeze Lincoln and Demitri's hands and take a deep breath when I can finally stop. Helena stays looking at my torn body and cries fill my ears. I look down and she's holding a baby, my baby. I feel relieved that it's finally over and look up at Demitri. He's staring in awe at the baby, Helena cuts the umbilical cord and goes to the warm bowl of water and cleans him off. Helena hasn't wrapped him in a towel and smiles brightly bring him over.
"Congratulations to the both of you on a beautiful baby girl." I look dumbfounded and turn towards Demitri, his eyes hold a priceless look of shock. A girl? A baby girl? I take her into my arms and smile down at her tears fall from my eyes as I stare at her in awe. I slowly slide over and give Demitri the space next to me, he sits down and carefully inspects her.
"Girls don't run in my family." He mumbles in awe.
"They do now." Helena beams bringing a blanket to wrap her in and a hat to cover he small strands of blond.
"She doesn't even resemble me." He murmurs. After wrapping her in the blanket her eyes open and show a piercing blue color.
"Thank god." Helena says.
"You did amazing." He says in admiration. I smile down at her and hand her to him. He nervously holds her and I lean my head against his shoulder. Helena walks out of the room and soon enters with a small white outfit and socks. She hands me the small onesie and feel at peace.
"I don't even have a name." I mumble feeling drained. She's beautiful, completely and utterly unique and divine.
"You knew." Demitri says more as a statement towards Helena. She laughs and nods her head coming up to us and staring down at my little girl. Her little lips curl into a small smile bringing tears to my eyes.
"I knew from the moment you brought Jamie home. I noticed the shift in the air, everything's changed." Helena says. No sooner did the small hand crafted black crib Helena's been working on appear in the room besides the bed.
"You were making that for us?" I ask emotional and started crying as I smiled. Demitri stares at the crib and hums to the baby.
"Mercy." I announce. Demitri looks at me confused.
"That's her name Mercy, she's always been a Mercy." I confirm fixing her small little hat.
"She's nothing like a vampire. How do we know if she posses any powers?" He says to Helena.
"Look outside." We turn our heads towards the open window and notice the sudden snow building up on the lawn.
"It doesn't snow here." Demitri confirms. I smile down at my magical baby and feel satisfied with everything's that happened. Demitri hands me the baby and stands up and approaches Helena, the soon begin whispering and suddenly everything is rushed. Demitri hands me a small necklace with a dark red jewel inside and he tells me to just hold it. Helena walks up to me and covers my hand with hers.
"Think. About your entire life. Think about it." She says, she soon begins mumbling words incoherently and I begin thinking from when I was a child when my father was live to now, giving birth to my Mercy. She finishes her spell and I open my hands, the jewel is light a bright red and soon fades back to its normal color. Demitri takes it from my hand and places it around Mercy's neck. He takes her from me and places her in her crib.
"What's going on?" I question, Lincoln and Parker both come in and lick the door behind them, they close the blinds and block the door.
"It's time to go." Demitri says.
"You want to kill me in front of her? It hasn't even been an hour. Why are you doing this now ?" I cry, I look down at the crib and see her sleeping peacefully.
"Corella is coming, I need everyone to believe you died, to believe I killed you. Now let's go." Demitri says. He reaches out for my hand and I place it in his softly. He helps me out of the bed and Helena speaks three words and a clone of me is lying on the bed, staring lifeless down at Mercy, blood dripping from my lips, my hand reached out towards Mercy. I look down at Mercy and kiss her one final goodbye. Helena steps away and turns towards me. She takes my hand from Demitri's.
"Corella is here." Helena says.
"Where am I going?" I ask Demitri.
"Away." His eyes hooded in darkness and everything around me goes dark.