Changes In The Atmosphere

I look over at the King as he smiles at his people, he waves his final goodbye at all of them and pulls me inside. I have yet to speak a word since we have arrived to the palace. The floor I am walking on is black with tiny white specs in it. I keep my head down not wanting to make eye contact with anyone around us. The same four guards are following us everywhere we go. We come up to two large oak wood doors before the King knocks and then enters, why would a King need to knock in his own palace?

Once we come to a stop I finally look up, making eye contact with the Queen. She has on a grey ankle length dress and a crown on her head showing her place on the thrown. She smiles and walks up to us greeting the King and kissing him then turning to me.

"She will be our carrier, her name is Jamie, Jamie this is our Queen, Queen Corella." He smiles at her kindly then down to me not so kindly. I hold my hand out and she meets me half way greeting me.

"Nice to meet you Queen Corella." I mutter trying to put on a brave face and not look completely miserable. She smiles back at me and pulls the king to the side having a small talk with him. He doesn't look too happy for what she has to say as his veins start to pop out on his neck, he dismisses her and pulls me out of the room.

"Corella and I have agreed for you two not to be around each other during your time here. It will be better for you and she will feel more comfortable sharing me, without your presence." He says as I follow him.

"Sharing you?" I ponder, why would she have to share him at all?

"Well with you of course, you are going to be the mother of my son, I'm going to want to be there every step of the way, so yes, sharing me, something she is reluctant on doing." He states dumbfounded by my confusion.

"Or daughter." I rebuttal, he looks over at me with his red eyes with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Us royal Kings do not have daughters, we carry only the male gender in us, we need a King after all."  He smiles walking down a large staircase.

"Well what if the child is a girl, what will you do then?" I question.

"If we happen to have a daughter by law I have to kill her if she does not have powers, only because if she does not carrier that gene that I have she is just like the commoners or worse, human and we need a ruler." He says walking into a room filled with books.

"Our library, I want you to read up on our cultures and learn our ways, just like we will learn your ways, it's the respectable approach." He says I nod my head actually curious, are they much different, our lifestyles?

He walks over to the shelves and pulls out books and sets them down on the table. Once he finishes picking a few books he glances at me,  his red eyes connecting with mine, goosebumps spread down my back.

"Finish these quickly, I will come get you for dinner, the dinner will just be me and you, to talk about things before the ceremony, you don't know this yet, but you're a royal now." He says as the door closes behind him and two guards follow him as the other two stay behind.

"Jamie, you?" I smile politely looking at the two men standing completely still by the door no emotion tied to them.

"Parker and thats Lincoln, Carrier." Parker states, his voice scratchy as if he hasnt spoken in years.

"Are you calling me, Carrier?" I groan, grabbing the books and slumping down on the black leather couch.

"Orders ma'ma." He says. I nod my head slowly making sure I interpret everything. So they know me as The Carrier, not Jamie, way to make me feel like an item. I roll my eyes glancing at them one last time as they just stand there at the door, I can't even tell if they are looking at me, they have their sunglasses on.

I grab the first book and open it up to the first page. Bloodings Day. This should be fun, nothing like talking about blood.

This festive holiday is celebrated every year on the King's birthday, everyone is to find a human and bring them to the center of town, bringing on a new vampire to gain power as a race. We celebrate the King by thanking him for our lives and giving him more of an army as a gift. The celebration begins at night till dawn. The King is to thank his people and show how proud he is of them, on his 100th birthday he is to produce a new heir showing his people he will continue to rule even through his blood.

Queen's Evening

Our King and Queen spend a whole day and night together, locked in there room, showing his Queen, just how much she means to him.

I shudder at the thought of those two having immaculate conception for a whole day.

Pickings day

The King picks a human, not just any human, to him she is the most gifted, strongest, and who holds the most beauty. He will choose one to be by his side for at the most, 10 months, she is to carry his child and produce the strongest living creature known to man kind. They are to produce a boy, the child will take there mothers appearance and there fathers attitude, to think properly like a King. During the pregnancy the Queen becomes second to the Carrier, the child in her becomes the most important being in the King's life, no matter what! The Carrier is top priority to all those around her. RULES FOR THE PICKING:

During the night of the ceremony the child must be conceived

King does not have any intercourse with the Carrier after the child is made

King is to return to his Queen every night

Carrier needs to protect the child till birth

King cannot fall for the Carrier during pregnancy

King must drain the life from the Carrier once the child is delivered

He, has to kill me? So I give him my body, and baby, for him to kill me?