A surprise in its own

Helena knocked on the door and slowly comes in, she doesn't say a word and grab my arm slowly and helps me to the bed. I don't thank her for her help I don't even look at her. I'm embarrassed. I'm hurt. I feel betrayed. I know she understands, she has to. She covers me in the thick red blanket and flicks the light off, the only light that enters the room was the light seeping in from the door.

"Things will be fixed Jamie I promise you." She whispers and closes the door behind her. I shuffle under the blanket and hold my stomach soothing rubbing it. If only things were different. My son wouldn't be raised by vampires. 

_________________________

When I finally wake up from my restful nap the sun has already set, Helena hasn't returned to the room and I'm not sure if I should leave it. I walk into the bathroom and wash my face with some cold water and walk back inside the bedroom. I open the door to her room and look around for anyone, but nobody was there, not even Lincoln and Parker, which confirmed my suspicion. I closed the door behind me and scurried to my room, the mess was cleaned the bed was fixed the dishes were gone, it looked like a completely normal and untouched room. But that isn't the case. Everything happened in this room, everything that shouldn't have happened did. I grab a change of clothes and walk out of my room. Corella is walking through the hall and sees me and stops me from hurrying back to Helena's room. 

"How are you Jamie?" She hummed stopping in front of me blocking me from the door. I step back and grip my clothes tighter against my chest. 

"Fine, and you?" I whisper looking anywhere except her eyes. 

"Exceptional. I see the baby is growing quickly." She beams nudging toward my stomach that's now covered by my clothes, I cover my stomach even more and nod my head.

"He is, if you will excuse me I'm going to be going now, it was nice seeing you Corella." I quietly mutter, thinking she would leave well and be alone but not to my surprise she doesn't. 

'Have you seen my husband? I just can't seem to find him, I would have thought he was with you, he spends most of his time with you anyways." She almost growls. 

"No, I'm sorry I don't know where he is, I've been pretty busy lately." I confirm, I mean I have seen him today actually but that's irrelevant. 

"Well that's a shame, I wanted to spend time together." She smirks, in other words she wanted to have sex with him, and she thought telling me would make me jealous.

"If I see him I'll tell h im you are looking for him."I reply and go around her and quickly walk into Helena's room and lock the door behind me, the only person who should be coming in here is Helena and shes a witch she can zap her way in. I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower and undress. I look at myself in the full length mirror and stand side ways. 

My stomach is protruding out, just sightly, nothing too big, but he was there, growing, and safe inside me. The skin around my stomach feels harder, I'm pregnant. I can feel him, like he is already here, I can feel him everywhere and yet he isn't even moving, can't even kick me, and I feel him. How am I going to let them kill me and raise my baby? How can I live with myself knowing I let them take him. I wipe the tear from my eye and step into the shower. 

____________________________________

Demitri 

"Do you see what's happening?" Helena questions, I look away from the crystal ball, I look away from Jamie as she steps into the shower.  I don't respond, she's kept me in this room for 5 hours already along with Lincoln and Parker. 

"You know just as well as I do she shouldn't be that small, she should be bigger, this isn't normal for a vampire pregnancy, shes showing symptoms of a normal human birth, just slightly advanced, she is fatigue. All she drinks is blood, that baby is going to literally kill her before it's even born." She continues. She grabs my chin and forces me to look at her. 

"What do you want from me? I did what I was supposed to do, plant the seed, that's it, I'm done." I complain. shes let's go of my face and slaps me. 

"You are a joke Demitri, you better tell that girl how you feel, she needs to feel welcomed, and certainly not afraid of you, and your wife needs to know her place, immediately!" Helena screams, her eyes turning a bright yellow. I not my head and walk towards the door.

"Demetiri, your mother would have been ashamed, she expected more from you." She whispers, I continue out of the room feeling anything but relaxed. How do I tell Corella I need to be with Jamie more without her trying to kill Jamie? I mean she would never get the chance, no matter what's going on between Jamie and I, I would never allow that to happen. Jamie doesn't deserve this, she never did. I walk into my chambers and find Corella sprawled out on the bed waiting for me. She smiles at me tenderly and gently reaches out for me. I shake my head and walk inside the bathroom, locking it behind me.

I run myself a quick shower and change into my night attire. Once I'm back inside my bedroom, Corella is dressed and sleeping on our bed like nothing ever happened. I close the door behind me and walk towards the kitchen, I waltz right into the main kitchen and immediately everyone works at a more tense pace, the main chef comes up to me with a pleasant smile on his face.

"Two cups of O- and a plate of chicken wings, with hot sauce on the side." I tell him and walk back outside into the dinning room and wait for the food. Maybe this won't help, maybe it will, I have to make up to Jamie before the baby ends up dead. The food shortly comes out but I don't eat it here. I tell the workers to put the blood in plastic cups woth straws and the chicken and hot sauce on a tray.

I take the food towards the balcony in Jamie's room and set it up for when I come back. I pace outside of the room before finally gaining the courage to knock, what if she's sleeping? Waking her up would only make her hate me more. Before I conjure up more ideas about how bad this is about to become I just knock. My palms are sweating and I feel dizzy.

I hear a click of a lock and not a moment to soon do I see the door knob turning.

I met her eyes and gain some sense and the words just rush out of my mouth.

"Could we talk it won't end up like it did earlier, and I have food, not that I'm bribing you although you are pregnant and food is all you crave but I brought food in case you actually said yes and worked up an appetite from all the talking we will be doing?" She stares at me nervously, her hair tied back behind her head, a long shirt and shorts on, she's ready for bed.

"I don't think it's a good idea." She mumbles shielding half her body behind the door.

"Please, I swear I'll be a gentlemen, no threats or sexual references just to friends casually talking." I persuade.

"We aren't friends, you got me pregnant and now I live the rest of my days in a room shielded from the world." She growls. I take a step back a sigh.

"Please, the chicken wings are going to get cold." I remark. Her scowl fades and she closes the door, I hear shuffling and a few seconds later she walks out with slippers on.

"Only because I'm hungry. Don't expect me to actually talk to you." She complains following me. I look towards her and her arms are crossed and she slumped forward on a short trip to her room.

"You hungry? Who would have thought?" I reply with a goofy grin, but she doesn't return the heartfelt smile I used to get back before everything went up shits creek.