Being Royal

"We can't keep everyone waiting then, let's proceed to the ballroom," I say, taking one last look in the mirror taking a deep breath, calming myself down as I walk out of my room with my head down as I fiddle with my fingers. As we proceed down the grand staircase I almost trip but Parker catches me.

"Jamie, relax, take a deep breath, here sit down and we will head down when you are calm," He says soothing me as I have a panic attack. I look over at Lincoln as he watches me, filled with concern. 

"I'm okay, just a bit scared, I'm about to meet more royal people and conceive a baby," I stress, my leg lightly tapping on it's on from the stress. Parker helps me up and we proceed down the stairs, we make it to the two grand doors and before Lincoln tells the announcers I am here he talks to me. 

"Just smile and be yourself, they can like you or hate you, but it won't change how the King see's you. You are about to make a baby, be excited, you are going to be a mom, Parker and I will be watching you the whole time, if you need to leave for a bit notify us, we will escort you, now calm down and let's stop the wait to meet The Carrier." He smiles at me, I nod my head and smile back up at him as he turns around and walks away. I hear incoherent words and soon enough the doors open, the bright lights seeping through the doors and all eyes on me, in complete quietness as I step into the room, I smile kindly at everyone as they smile at me as I walk towards Demitri. Demitri raises his hand and everyone proceeds into there own small conversations, I greet him and Corella and walk away slowly standing by myself in a corner staring at everyone as they ignore me. I walk to the main table and look at my place card and sit down as a bell rings signaling dinner. I am seated next to The King and some Roman woman, I shift uncomfortably in my seat as everyone around me is given blood bags and then I am served a meal of edible food.

At first, I slowly eat my food as only a few whisper to the people next to each other, the aroma of blood is present throughout this meal and it is causing me to get sick. I look down on my lap trying to concentrate on something other than the blood, Demitri taps my leg and I look up at him and see him taking deep breaths, I follow his actions and feel my body relax and calm down. I continue eating my food as more and more people break out into chattering machines. once we finished eating the ball began, I stood alone and smiled at those who passed me, I look towards the main doors and see Corella sneaking away, this must be torture for her. Demitri catches me off guard and grabs me by the arm and drags me to the center of the room and holds me by the waist and begins to sway us, in a slow pattern. Everyone slowly steps back and watches us as I tremble at all the attention, I would have fallen already if it weren't for Demitri holding me up. 

After a few more seconds a man who is dressed in all black holding a book walks up to us and we separate. I stumble back still shaking when Parker catches me yet again holding me up.

"Today is the ceremonial ritual, where our King creates a further generation, seeking new life from a human, Our Carrier, She will carry our Kings child and be blessed by the Royal court. Please, both of you step forward and hold hands as you state the following rules." He says loudly for all those around us to hear. I let go of Parker's hand and grab Demitri's, I look up at him and see the excitement in his eyes as he watches me. 

"My King please state the rules after me, you shall protect and honor Our Carrier, you will not choose the Carrier over our Queen at any given time." He sates, and soon Demitri follows. 

"You will kill Our Carrier once the birth of the child has been completed, you will only have immaculate conception with Our Carrier only until you have conceived the child." Demitri repeats after him, a little shaky in the beginning. 

"You are to only tend to the child's needs when with The Carrier." 

"I vow to only tend to the child's need's when with the Carrier." Dimitri  states loudly, not stuttering. The man nods his head, I look back at Demitri who is already staring at me, gently squeezing my hands here and there. 

"Now, Carrier, please state the rules after me. You will tend to the child's needs before yours and anyone else's."

I look around at everyone as they have a soft smile on their faces, I look back towards Demitri and can see the excitement in his eyes, he remains calm but almost can't contain his true emotion.

"I will tend to the child's needs before my own or anyone else's." I state slowly, not even realizing the words fall out of my mouth.

"You promise to share one night with the King unless the intimate night falls and you have to try again." I repeat after him, I can feel Demitri's hands become sweaty.

"You will never share a night with the King, he who belongs to the Queen." I repeat feeling a bit light headed.

"Lastly, you vow to be killed the moment the child is born and into the arms of the King." I look down at our hands and feel the tears about to fall, I slowly bring my head back up, looking at Demitri's smile then into his eyes.

"I... vow to be, killed, once the child is born and brought to the Kings arms." I whisper, I blink and a single tear falls down my face and I look at Damon who loses his smile. Everyone applauds around us and cheers calmly. Everyone quickly quiets down and lets us finish to let the party start again.

"The King will now drink from The Carrier to bind themselves together to make the child stronger and bring there relationship brighter, once she has shared her blood with him, he will feel more compelled to be by her side, only for the child's sake, please my King, finish the prophecy." The man steps back, Demitri moves closer towards me holding me as I move my head to the side, he brings his lips to my neck and I slowly feel his fangs sink into my skin making me pull away but he holds me in between his arms, never letting me go. I feel my blood being pulled from my skin causing my knees to buckle. He removes his teeth from my neck and gets a napkin to stop the bleeding. He looks at me and smiles, I try to smile but I faint into his arms.