Merman! Shouto Todoroki x reader

Scales and fins

To say you had an infatuation with the ocean was an understatement. You basically lived and breathed the ocean, that is if you had gills and wouldn't  end up drowning, you were constantly there searching for new shells or just admiring the beautiful cove you had recently found.

The cove was magnificent, it had flowers and vines growing on the inside of it and a semi large pool of water in the middle where the sun shined through an opening from above.

Carefully maneuvering yourself around the slick, wet rocks you came closer to the pool of water. Getting as close as you could without slipping in you peered into the aquamarine waters. The bottom was fairly clear and you could see some fish and corals.

However a flash of red and white startled you causing you to fling yourself away from the pool. In front of you was a young man. His elbows resting on the rocks as the rest of his lower half stayed submerged into the water.

The boy wasn't what startled you, however, it was the white fins with red speckles where his ears should have been and the red and white scales that covered some of his flesh. Not to mention the gills on his neck.

There was a lot of folklore around mermaids in your little village. The villagers always talked about how they were disgusting and evil creatures that devoured you, yet he looked so beautiful.

"A human? Humans usually never venture into this cove. Why are you here?" The merman asked.

"I found it and decided to explore it since I thought it was beautiful." You answered honestly.

The merman hummed in response and leaned closer to you. "I've never seen a human as pretty as you. They're all usually grimy men."

"Uh? Thanks?" You couldn't tell if it was compliment or not but you went along with it anyway.

"Come closer please." Hesitantly you moved closer to the merman and the water. Was this a bad idea? Yes. Are you smart? Usually. Was this one of the times you used your brain. Fuck no.

"What's your name human?" He asked while still examining you.

"My name is (y/n). What's yours?" He lifted your hand and inspected your fingers.

"My names Shoto. Why aren't your fingers webbed like mine?" Shoto then moved on to studying your feet and legs.

"Well when you don't live in water you don't have a need for webbed hands."

"Let's make a deal. You'll meet me here everyday and we will exchange knowledge on both of our 'worlds'. Sound good?" You contemplated it. It would give you more knowledge about the ocean and those who inhabit it.

"You have a deal, Shoto. For now though I have to go, so I'll see you tomorrow." With that you waved goodbye. Excited for the days to come.

Shoto smiled at your retreating figure. He found you to be the most interesting human he's ever laid eyes on and he wanted you to be his.

_________________

I apologize if it's to short lol, but this is probably gonna have 2 parts (maybe more). Anyway merman Shoto? I'm loving it tbh.

02-08-18
[Not Edited]