Chapter 10

A/N: Possible triggering content, please read carefully

"What the fuck is wrong with me? What the fuck is wrong with you bitch?" He yelled, cupping his face with his hand. The slap was hard. And I knew it hurt because his eyes were involuntarily watering.

"Don't play stupid. You know exactly what you did." I hissed at him, getting within inches of his face. The entire cafeteria was dead silent, waiting to see what would happen next.

That was when he smirked, "I'm not sure what you're talking about, Ariel. Are you sure you're not making this up? You seem to have done that quite a bit lately." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "Because I would totally want attention for being sexually assaulted by you." I spat at him.

"Ariel, I would never sexually assault anyone. I think you're just trying to ruin my schooling and reputation." He said, sounding hurt.

"Bull-fucking-shit. You know exactly what you did, you piece of shit." I said, seething.

He just smirked, "And who is going to believe you." He said, loud enough for most people to hear.

"I do," A voice spoke up. I turned, expecting to see Maya, or Miles, or one of the other guys to be standing there. But it wasn't. It was Angela Peterson. She was a popular, but she was one of the ones people actually liked. She had always been pretty nice to me, but we were never friends.

She looked at me before stepping forward, "I saw what happened that night. It was at Kyle Wilkes' party in seventh grade. I saw what you did to her, and I saw what you tried to do before she was able to get away crying. I'm so sorry I never told anyone, I just didn't really think it was something you wanted to talk about, or wanted people knowing," she said to me, in which I smiled lightly at her before she turned back to Dylan.

"I know what you did to her. And I will defend her. And I know there are others who will too. So you can either fess up, or keep lying and get caught in an even worse situation than you're in right now. Because, I can promise that I will do whatever it takes to make sure you pay for what you did." She said, crossing her arms in a challenge.

Dylan clenched his jaw, all eyes on him, "You know, you're a fucking bitch, you know that? Both of you." He spat before storming out of the cafeteria, his goons following him.

The cafeteria stayed kind of quiet as I turned to Angela, "You didn't have to do that." I said to her.

I felt myself starting to freak out, and I knew I needed to get out of there soon, but I had to say something to Angela first.

She smiled sadly, "Yes, I did. Ever since the third grade you've always been so nice. And you got treated like shit. None of us ever tried to stop what happened to you. We just watched, and it wasn't right. You're a really good person and you deserve to be treated like one." She said.

"Well, thank you." I said with a nod.

Maya came up to me slowly, I saw the other guys, including Lucas standing a little ways behind her, "Ariel, are you okay?" She asked quietly.

I didn't say anything and nodded once, keeping my eyes trained on the ground. I felt someone walking up to me and Lucas's hands appeared on my shoulders, "Princess, tell me what you're feeling." He whispered.

"I need to get out of here." I said lowly.

"OK. Come on. Come with me." He said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and leading me out of the cafeteria after telling the others not to follow.

I could feel my breathing quickening as we walked through the halls, the early stages of a panic attack taking effect. I stopped walking and pressed my back up against a locker, beginning to hyperventilate.