Chapter 26

A week after the party, things at school had been suspiciously quiet. Which was a good thing for me, as I got ready for my AP exams. I had basically come to the conclusion that every waking minute I had would be spent studying for one of my four exams.

Friday at lunch, I was sitting at the table going over notes for AP Bio when Maya, Tyler, David, and Alex sat down, the others not too far behind, "What in the Hell are you reading?" Tyler asked, taking note of my giant textbook open on the table as I went over practice problems.

"Studying." I answered simply.

"For what?" Maya asked curiously.

"AP Bio." I said simply.

"Oh yeah, smart people tests are next week, aren't they?" David asked.

I rolled my eyes at his term for the tests but nodded nonetheless, "Yes." I answered.

"How many are you in?" Miles asked.

"I know English and History." Maya answered, since she was in those two with me.

"Bio and Psych." I added.

They just stared at me, "You're in four AP's?" Cole asked as he sat down, catching the end of the conversation.

I nodded, "Yeah." I said simply before going back to my notes.

"Why would you do that to yourself? That sounds like an actual form of torture." Alex said from his spot next to me as he held up a page of my notes and looked at them like it was some kind of ancient hieroglyphics.

I shrugged, "I like all of the classes. It's not that bad. Next year will be worse." I said, grabbing the page of notes from his hands.

"Why how many are you taking?" Miles asked.

"Six." I answered.

Tyler, who had been sipping out of a bottle of water, proceeded to spit it out and begin choking, "Six?" He asked, dumbfounded as David pounded him on the back.

I smirked lightly and nodded, "Which ones?" Maya asked.

I thought for a second, "Literature, Chemistry, Government, Statistics, World History, and Calculus." I said.

"So, not only are you taking six AP courses, but you're taking two AP math courses?" Tyler asked, trying to clarify.

I nodded once, "Why?" Cole, David, Maya, and Miles all asked at the same time.

I shrugged, "I'm good at math. I don't necessarily like it, but I'm good at it. And the two classes are really different so I figured I'd give it a shot." I responded.

"Well, call me when you're drowning and I'll try my best to pull you out." Maya said.

"So what are you doing this weekend?" Cole asked.

I pointed to my notebooks, "This. I'm locking myself away in my room and will not see the light until Monday morning for the Bio exam." I said.

"You don't have to watch Clara?" Maya asked.

I shook my head, "No. I was telling Tessa about the exams when she was asking me about school and she told me not to worry about babysitting so I could focus on studying." I said.

"Well that's nice. If you need a study break, feel free to call any of us, I'm sure we'd all be willing to help you out." Miles spoke up as the others nodded.

I smiled and thanked them before going back to my notes. The next two weeks was spent taking AP exams and studying for them. Two weeks after the lunch discussion on Friday, I was walking out of the AP English exam with Maya, Cole, Alex and Tyler.