Chapter 24

I looked katie up and down and saw that she looked none too pleased with the fact that I had been dancing with her boyfriend. She also looked very out of place. The dress code for the party had been named formal. What Katie was wearing would not be considered formal by any standards. It was a skin-tight black dress that barely reached the middle of her thigh. She had stripper heels to match her dress and he arms were crossed in front of her chest, which was also spilling out of the tube top.

I just gave a single nod and stepped back from Lucas, dropping his hand, "Of course. Sorry." I said before walking away. I walked over to the outskirts of the ballroom where Tyler, Cole, Maya, and Miles were standing.

"Where did the others go?" I asked as I reached them.

Cole shrugged, "Probably trying to pick up girls." he responded. 

"Why are you back? You and Hunter seemed to be getting along." Miles asked curiously.

"Because Katie showed up and cut in." I answered.

"Wait she's here? Where?" Maya asked, whipping around so fast some of her hair caught me in the eye.

I turned with the other three to find Lucas and Katie awkwardly swaying back and forth on the floor, Katie continuously accidentally stepping on Lucas's feet, making him jump back and flinch.

"What in God's name is she wearing?" Maya asked.

"It looks almost like...a trash bag...but the size made for an American Girl doll." Tyler said thoughtfully.

Maya and I both bursted out laughing, which caused several people, the couple in question also turning to look over at the source of the noise. We consciously stopped laughing and stepped further into the edge of the room.

Apparently, Katie had gotten the idea that we may have been laughing about her because in that moment she decided to turn back to her boyfriend and begin (very) aggressively making out with him.

Looking over at that made the smile fall from my face completely as I turned back around, wishing I could forget what I had just seen. Maya and Cole laughed at what they were seeing, but Tyler had seen my reaction.

"Come on Ariel. Let's take a walk." he said, walking over to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and began guiding me out of the ballroom. 

The other three didn't follow as we began walking down a hallway. I led him into the living room, which had been closed off to guests so it could be used as a coat room. We made our way to the couch and sat down. 

I bent down and slipped my shoes off, before sighing loudly and resting my elbows on my thighs, running my hands through my hair. 

Tyler held his hand to the small of my back supportively, "You okay?" He asked me quietly.

I shook my head silently, "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I shook my head helplessly, "I don't know." I said miserably.

"Just let it spill. Word vomit. I'm listening." He said. 

I sighed again, "I'm just so angry that he can make me feel so...sad." I started, "Like, I know I shouldn't get so worked up over a guy that will never feel the same way about me. Especially one that has a girlfriend, who has been pretty damn reasonable to me considering the drama that's surrounded her boyfriend and myself recently. I just...I don't know what it is." I said, spilling it all out at once.

Tyler scooted closer supportively, "It's because you're in love with him. You do and feel crazy things for love." He said, his arms moving to wrap around my shoulder.