Epilogue

6 years later...

I was zipping up my suitcase when my cellphone rang. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID as I reached over and picked it up, because I already knew who it was.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hey. Have you left yet?" the person on the other line asked.

"I'm about to. Just finished packing and my Uber will be here any minute." I answered.

"Okay great. I'm about to head into a meeting but I'll see you when you get here."

I smiled, "Sounds great. I'll text you updates even if you won't see them until you get off the plane." I replied as I grabbed my suitcase and headed downstairs.

"Sounds good. I'll see you soon. I love you."

"Love you too." I replied before hanging up and slipping my phone into my back pocket. I grabbed my keys and did a quick scan of the apartment before shutting all the lights off, locking the door, and heading downstairs to the lobby to wait for my Uber.

I waited for less than five minutes before a black car pulled up to the curb. I walked outside and there was a guy getting out of the car to greet me.

He smiled at me, "Hi, Ariel Montgomery?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded, "Yes that's me." I said.

He nodded and grabbed my suitcase, placing it in the trunk for me, "Hi, I'm Matt. I'm your Uber for the airport." He said with a smile before both of us got into the car.

We got on the road immediately. After a few minutes of silence Matt spoke up, "So, what takes you to the airport?" he asked casually.

"I'm visiting home for a bit." I answered.

He nodded, "And where is home?" He asked.

"Just outside of Boston." I replied.

He smiled, "Oh I love Boston. I'm sure you're excited to see home for a bit." He said.

I smiled mostly to myself, "Yeah I am." I said.

It had been a while since I'd been home. Over a year, actually. I was excited to see my parents. And my friends. It had been a while since we'd all been together in one place in person.

The rest of my ride to the airport was quiet and quick.

Matt dropped me off with the other taxi's and Ubers. He got my suitcase out of the trunk and handed it to me with a smile.

"Have a nice trip." He said with a smile, which I returned.

I took my suitcase and went to check-in. They checked my luggage and sent it back and I got my printed out ticket.

I went through security with no problem and then headed to my gate. I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts kiosk and got a bagel and coffee to have while I waited to board my plane.

About a half hour later they began boarding and I found my seat. Then the plane took off and I was headed home.

~~~~~~

A couple hours later the plane landed in Boston and I got off the plane. I made my way to baggage claim and got my suitcase off the belt. Then I went to the front of the airport to look for my ride.

I finally spotted her and beamed, "Ariel Montgomery it's finally the day!" Maya yelled as she ran over to me and nearly tackled me with a bear hug.

I hugged her back, "Oh it's so good to see you Maya!" I exclaimed as I hugged her tightly.

She pulled away, "Yeah this is so much better than FaceTime." She concluded and I laughed.