Grilled Cheese

It was one of those classic and cliché story book nights, rain had made puddles on the streets. The thunder shook vases and the cracks of lightning lit up the room for one second. On that night I was born.

Just for the smallest of time my mother held me, that's until the lights turned off for just a second, and in that second, I was taken away. I would never see her again. Like I said, the beginning is what many have heard before but the ending, that could be a whole different story.

-----------------

I looked at the picture of me and Lucy on the first day of school. We smiled at the camera with happy faces. Then I looked at the picture with me and my dad at a Phil Collins concert. I smile at the pictures and the memories. I had finished school and now I had to become and adult. I had to have responsibilities.

Ugh.

My dad knocked on my bedroom door that was already wide open. "Yes?" I say. Dad had short brownish hair then, and a bit of grey, too. He wore his business suit that made him look tougher. He worked at some kind of secret agency. It was so secret that if someone asked where he worked I had to say he sold insurance to banks.

"Did you want some lunch," my dad said with a big smile while mine was weak. "I made a mean tomato soup."

"Does that mean there is grilled cheese?" I asked.

"Of course there is," my dad said. We both went to our kitchen. It was just me and him in the house. He told me my mom had died when I was a baby but I've never even seen a picture of her. Of course, sometimes my dad has girlfriends but they don't stick around. There was a cellist though that was the most recent and they seemed really happy.

When I was eating my grilled cheese, the cheese had decided to make me look stupid by stretching itself out. So I tried to pull the sandwich alway from mouth but the cheese stretched out even farther. I finally took my other hand and broke of the long strip of cheese form the sandwich. Tough life I lead, I know. My dad chuckled.

"So how is work?" I ask, knowing I won't get much from him. The topic would usually end with a 'good' or 'okay'.

"I was just going to talk about that with you," my dad said. "You are older now and you are very responsible." My dad stopped. He though something for awhile and it felt like the topic was slipping from his mind.

"Keep going!" I exclaim. This is the most I've gotten out of him when I ask that question.

"Well, I have talked about you a lot to my boss and he said it would be alright to bring you in!" My dad jumped up and down, more exited then I was.

"Really? Who is your boss? When are we going?" I ask.

"Fury. That is my bosses name," my dad said

"He sounds nice," I say sarcastic dripping from my words.

"We are also going tonight," my dad said. Tonight?! I got up from my seat because my bowl that was once filled tomato soup was empty.

"I am going to go change," I say quickly, running to my room.

"Jane!" My dad calls. "Wear black. It seems to be the trend at SHEILD."

-------/-----

I HOPED EVERYONE LIKED THIS! THIS WHOLE THING IS NEW FOR ME AND I AM WRITING THIS ON MY PHONE.

SO YA, ANOTHER FAN FICTION ABOUT MARVEL. MAYBE THIS ONE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST. MAYBE THIS ONE PEOPLE WILL JUST SCROLL BY. I'M SAYING THE SECOND ONE BECAUSE MY WRITING SKILL ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE GREATEST.

THIS CHAPTER WAS SUPER SHORT BUT THEY WILL GET LONGER.

WOO HOO!!