Bragging

The three of us walked to the bridge, talking about my dad's past girlfriends. We were heading toward the bridge when we got on the topic of the cellist who moved to Portland.

We heard Banner talking, "Iridium, what did they need Iridium for?" Banner asked.

Tony stopped on the subject of Coulsons girlfriends, "It's a stabilizing agent," Tony started. He then looked at Coulson, "In the weekend, I'll fly you to Portland, keep the love alive," Coulson nodded and walked away. I walked over to the railing and sat on it. "Means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at SHIELD."

Tony walked over to Thor, "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing," Tony was saying. I smiled a bit. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long as Loki wants," Tony looked out into the sea of people with computers. "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails."

Everyone stopped working for a bit and they had confused faces on. Tony pointed at the guy I caught playing a game. "That man is playing Galaga! Thought we'd never notice. But we did," Tony went to Fury's control panels and put a hand on his eye and seemed confused. "How does Fury do this?" Tony asked.

"He turns," Maria said, impatient.

Tony quickly turned around. His finger touched the side of one of the computer screens, it seemed like nobody noticed, but I did. I cocked an eyebrow at Tony but he didn't see me, he already started to ramble on again. "Well that sounds exhausting," Tony began, "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hand on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria questioned.

"Last night," Tony said plainly, "The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Was Tony usually this cocky?

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He's got to heat the cube to hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb Barrier," Banner said.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect," Tony discussed.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Iron Fusion at any reactor on the planet," Banner said back. I didn't follow any of this science talk at all.

Tony's face lit up. "Finally, someone who speaks English," Tony said as he walked over to Banner.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asked. I laughed a bit and his face turned a pink color. So did mine. Ugh. Stop. This will go nowhere.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner," Tony began. "Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"Thanks," Banner said looking at his feet.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him," Fury said, stepping into the conversation.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon," Steve said.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys," Fury said.

"Monkeys? I do not understand," Thor asked confused.

"I do!" Steve said pointing his finger. " I understood that reference." Steve looked so proud of himself that I laughed a bit. Tony just rolled his eyes.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Tony asked Banner.

"Let's play some," Banner said back. They walked away. I jumped off of the railing and followed everyone else. I looked back at the sea of computers and saw the guy playing Galaga again. That guy just would not learn.

"Jane, may I see you for a moment?" Coulson asked. I nodded. I saw Steve run to where Tony and Banner walked and my dad and I walked slowly walked in their direction. "I haven't really talked to you today. First of all, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Steve sort of saved me back at the woods," I said. Bragging almost. Wait why was I bragging? My dad smiled.

"Good. Another thing is, your powers, the Avengers..." My dad began but I interrupted.

"The powers thing, it's weird. I read that in books and now I'm in a fairy tale. The Avengers thing, I'm excited and you can't tell me I'm not allowed because 1) I can make my own choices and 2) you aren't my real dad," I said. He had hurt in his eyes and immediately I wanted to take it bac. Sure he sheltered me and all but did he really love me?

"Jane I- " Coulson began but I walked away. Luckily, he didn't follow. I walked around in the corridors for awhile. I came to a corner and peaked over the side to see Steve storm out of Banners lab. Steve looked around, making sure nobody would see him. He walked fast in the other direction and curious little me flowed. Steve walked all around the helicarrier until he came to a steel door. He looked through a small window. I started to walk toward him once he tried to push open the door. I used my telekinesis to open the latch and he slid open the heavy door. Steve stopped before he walked in and looked behind him. I stood there.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked quickly.

"I could ask the same to you," I said and put a hand on my hip.

"I, uh, was trying to find my room," Steve said.

"Okay, Steve," I began "I believe you."

"Really?" He asked sheepishly, knowing my answer.

"Absolutely not," I said and laughed a bit.

"Fine, I'm trying to figure out something that I shouldn't even be worrying about," He said.

"No need to get to dramatic," I said.

There was a bit of a pause. "Are you going to help me?" Steve asked.

"I just did!" I exclaimed.

Steve looked back at the door and looked at the latches. "I could have gotten that myself you know," Steve said.

I laughed. "I'm sure you would have, I just sped things up a bit" I walked into the large room filled with boxes and different floors that held other boxes. Steve followed me in. He looked around the dark room. He jumped from one box to the railing which he easily jumped over. I, on the other hand, had to climb on top of the box and jumped so my hands grabbed the bottom bar of the railing. I pulled my self up and slid though the bars of the railing. "Tony was right, you can really get around for an old man," I whispered.

"Thank you," Steve whispered and smiled. We looked in almost every box until Steve slowly opened one that had PHASE 2 written on it. He looked shocked then sad then angered. I ran toward him and saw a weird looking mask and futuristic guns. They all had an...octopus on the side? I looked back at Steve who quickly stood up, taking a gun with him.

"Steve! What's wrong? Do you know these things?" I asked, trying to keep up with his long strides. He stopped.

"HYDRA was a deep Nazi science division that went rogue. It was all led by the Red Skull, he made these weapons," Steve said holding up the gun, "I tried to die to get rid of HYDRA, to get rid of this!"

"Steve," I began. I held his bicep so he wouldn't run away again. "You need to calm down. Fury must have an explanation for all of this," I said. He shook his head and wiggled free of my grip we both ran back to the lab while Steve had the gun in his hands.

-----/------

PRETTY SHORT CHAPTER BUT I HAD TO GET A CHAPTER IN (or maybe 2) IN BEFORE TOMORROW. I HAVE A TOURNAMENTS THREE WEEKENDS IN A ROW AND MONDAY THRU FRIDAY I HAVE AN OVER NIGHT CAMP... AND THEY DONT ALLOW TECHNOLOGY.

NOTHING REALLY BIG IN THIS CHAPTER EXCEPT THAT ONE SAD PART.

THANK YOU!!