Lucy

"What is Phase 2?" I heard Tony asked as Steve and I walked in. Steve slammed the gun on the table, furious. We just had perfect timing didn't we.

"Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," Steve said pissed. He then looked at Tony, "Sorry, computer was was moving a little slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that-" Fury said trying to explain but was cut off by Tony who was showing us all of a diagram of a gun.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What were you lying?" Tony questioned.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve shot at Fury. Just then, Nat and Thor ran into the lab. The tension was rising like ballon that was let go from someones hand.

Nat kept her eyes on Banner. "Did you know about this?" Banner said to Nat. He was pissed, too. It was fine when Steve was, it showed fire in him but if Banner was everything could be torn down.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Nat said not answering his questions.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed," Banner pointed out.

"Loki's manipulating you," Nat said.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Banner shot at Nat.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," Nat mentioned.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHEILD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction!" Banner said. I hated all of this fighting but I was to shocked to say much. We're suppose to be a team. Was I the only one that knew that?

There was a pause. "Because of him," Fury said and pointed at Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked.

Another pause. "Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge mass that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we hopelessly alone but hopelessly," Fury corrected himself, "hilariously, out gunned," Fury said, ending his little story.

"My people are nothing but peace with your planet," Thor defended himself.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world filling up with people who can't be matched, who can't be controlled," Fury added.

"Like you controlled the cube," Steve said.

"You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor spoke.

"A higher form?" Steve asked. It seemed everybody was calming down.

"You forced our hand, we had to come up with something," Fury said. Just kidding everything was getting horribly worse.

"Nuclear deterrent. Cause that always calms everything right down," Tony said.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury questioned.

Everyone started to argue. I stood there looking at Steve and Tony bicker and Banner and Nat and Thor and Fury. I looked at Loki's scepter, the light grew brighter. "Guys!" I yelled but everyone was to busy making an ass out of themselves. "Guys!" I say, trying again. I got on one of the computers and tried to speed up the process to find the cube. I don't know how, but my fingers whipped through the keyboard. I must have been linked to the cube because I felt something grow inside me and for some reason I was set on finding the cube.

"In case you needed to kill me but you can't! I know! I tried!" Bruce said. That was when I stopped working.

"Bruce," I choked. My hands lifted of off the key board. The reason Lucy and I stopped talking was because she was dead. She found a gun and put it to her temple. She killed herself. All her life she was depressed, I never understood why, she had what seemed a great life but she didn't want to go on. She would try to hurt herself but I would stop her. I always said I was there for her but she wouldn't listen. That night she did it, the gunshot was heard from my house and I knew what had happened right away. I ran to her house to find her mother and father weeping and I stood there shocked. I couldn't help but think it was my fault. It was my fault. I should have gotten her help or talked to her more. It was my fault. For a week I cried until my eyes had dried up and the only thought that crossed my mind was it was my fault.

One night, I walked to her grave, I screamed. Not a small scream but a sonic boom scream that knocked trees over. I didn't tell anyone about the loud scream, it was Lucy and I's secret. After my flashback, my fingers went back to work. When I wake up from my flashback Bruce held the scepter, Nat was right, Loki was getting into Bruce's mind. The computer dinged. "Got it," I said. Bruce put the stick down.

"Sorry kids, you don't get to see my little party trick after all," Bruce said.

"Located the Tesseract?" Thor asked.

"I can get there faster," Tony spoke.

"Look all of us-" Steve started.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard. No human is match for it," Thor said truthfully.

Tony turned to leave but Steve stopped him. "You're not going alone!" Tony and Steve started to bicker like an old married couple again while I looked at the screen.

"Oh my God," I blurted out. Fire all of a sudden spurted out and everyone fell to the floor. I hit my head on the table and everything went dark.

------/-------

SUPER SHORT CHAPTER BUT YA KNOW. SO LUCY. NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE KILLED THEM SELVES BUT ONE CUTS HERSELF. I TRY TO STOP HER AND MAKE HER SMILE BUT SHE CANT GET OVER HER DEPRESSION. I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT ANYONE GOES THROUGH BUT I KNOW IT HURTS OTHERS AS WELL. MY SISTER ALSO SUFFERS FROM DEPRESSION AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WOULD DO WITH OUT HER.

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER BUT....... YA....... I WONT SAY.

THANK YOU!!