Sitting Ducks

When everyone that was watching me from the windows was gone, Nat decided I had enough for the day. I untied my jean jacket from my waist and put it back on like a jacket. Nat and I went to the kitchen to get some water and an apple to eat. (I was craving one ever since Nat took one.) we headed to the landing part outside of the big boat.

"You are doing pretty well with all of this information," Nat said.

"It feels to surreal I guess, like I am waiting for somebody to pinch me and then wake up to my normal life," I said. I took a juicy bite into my apple. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure, I almost shot you so go ahead,"

I stopped walking and so did she. "When Coulson and I talked to you on the phone, we mentioned Barton, and you just sort of, stopped. Why?" I asked.

Nat looked down at the floor. "He is someone who changed my life by his choice," Nat said.

"Oh come on!" I said and I threw my hands in the air. "You like him!" I said.

Nat smiled faintly. I knew it. She wasn't going to admit it but I could tell from that small, little smile. I changed the subject.

"So why do we have a boat, we are literally sitting ducks," I said. We started to walk outside again. I took another bite of my apple.

Nat laughed. "It's not a boat, it's called a helicarrier."

"A what?" I asked, spitting some apple bits out.

"You'll see," Nat said with a smile. Nat opened a glass door to the landing area for helicopters or planes. "So, I heard your into Captain America trading cards like Coulson," Nat said.

I laughed. "You heard right," I said. Just then, a jet landed and I saw my dad and a man with blondish hair wearing clothes that maybe a fashionable grandpa would wear. However, he was a really good looking, young, fashionable grandpa. If that made any sense.

Nat and I walked over to them. "Agent Romanoff, Jane, this is Captain Rogers. When my dad said that he raised his eyebrows up and down to signify it was the beautiful man wearing blue suit in vintage and mint card. I almost jumped up and down uncontrollably. Thank god I didn't otherwise I would have accidentally fangirled in front of serious and formal people. But this was crazy. Ever since my dad took me on this field trip it's been crazy. I've met my hero, I learn my dad isn't as clumsy and I thought, and I have powers?

"Ma'am," The beautiful man said to Nat. I took a loud bite of my apple and he then he looked at me. "Hi," he said and we both turned in to little school kids who had a crush on each other.

I took a piece of my hair and put it behind my ear. "Hi," I said. We both smiled awkwardly. I looked at Nat who saw us and she almost laughed at us but she held it in. My dad looked back and forth at me and the beautiful man with his mouth opened a bit.

"Anyway," Nat began, "They need you on the bridge. Now. And your daughter did some interesting things today." Nat said to my dad. Coulson looked at me and I moved my eyebrows up and down rapidly. My dad smiled a little. Then Nat laughed and the beautiful man looked confused.

"See you there," Coulson said to us. I couldn't call him dad anymore. I loved him but I couldn't call him my dad. I smiled as he walked past me and handed my eaten apple to him. The three of us started to walk toward the railing of the helicarrier.

"There was quite a buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was going to swoon," she looked at me like she was going to say something to embarrass me but I violently shook my head. God if he knew about the trading cards... "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards?" Damn.