Appels and Eggs

In the morning, my dad had me train. He said he wanted me to see what I could do. So I stayed behind while my dad picked up a guy named Steve.

Last night I couldn't fall back to sleep. It is hard to when you realize that practically your life is a lie. So the rest of the night I laid in my bed, my mind wide awake.

In the morning I groggily got up. I went to find a kitchen, I knew there was one because I ran past it multiple times. I didn't feel like changing out of my sweatpants and my t-shirt. Neither did I want to take out my messy bun that flopped to the side.

When I got to the kitchen I looked in the refrigerator and found some orange juice and eggs and I made my self breakfast. When I was in the middle of scrambling my eggs, A women came in. I smiled at her.

"Hello," she said. I recognized her voice.

"Oh hey! Your Nat, right?" I asked.

"Yep, and you must be Jane," she replied.

I noticed her red hair and I had to say something about it. "I love your hair," I blurted out. I was such an idiot.

She laughed lightly. "I'm glad. So I, uh, heard what happened last night," she said.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Ya, so did everyone aboard this stupid ship," I replied, raising my voice as I kept talking.

Nat grabbed and apple. "Don't worry about it, half of the people aboard this stupid ship knew something was going to happen," Nat said.

"That makes me feel a lot better," I sarcastically said. Nat took a bite of her apple and I put my eggs on a plate and sat across from her at a stainless steel table.

We ate our breakfast for a little while in silence until Nat spoke up. "Have you found out what you could do? If you don't mind me asking," Nat said.

I shook my head. "Just the thing about running. I am suppose to train today and see," I replied. Nat suddenly had a bit of a smile on her face.

"Let me help you," Nat exclaimed. She seemed excited.

"That's nice of you to offer but I couldn't, what if I lose control or whatever I do and you get hurt?" I asked. "You seem like a pretty big asset to SHIELD."

"I wouldn't say asset, my background doesn't really give me a great reputation, that sometimes doesn't work well with SHEILD," Nat said.

We finished our apples and eggs and got ready for training. I put on a black tank top and a jean jacket over it. I put on black leggings and my black boots. When I got to the training room Nat had a red shirt. She was taking off a brown jacket. I noticed that she had black pants and a gun holster was wrapped around her leg. There wasn't a gun in the holster, instead the gun was in her hand. I took off my jean jacket and tied it around my waist.

I looked around a bit, there were mats on the floor and some mats on the walls. It was a circular room and right in the middle of the floor the SHEILD's logo of an eagle was printed on the mats. The top half of the wall was all mirrors, it was unusual.

"Alright I'm going to do some random things and we will see how you react to them, got it?" Nat said. She saw me looking at the gun. She held the gun up, "Don't worry about this, it won't kill, only paralyze you for a bit."

"Great," I said with a sarcastic smirk. I turned to look at a heavy door lock behind me and when I looked back at Nat she had the gun pointed at me and took a shot. I instantly ran around the circular room. Over and over, Nat tried to hit me but I was too quick.

"I won't shoot anymore!" Nat yelled after awhile. "Try to stop yourself!" I was running so fast I managed to run on top of the mirrors. I steered myself down toward the floor. I thought of what I could do and then it came to me. I thought of a black canvas and I slowed down. That is what I do when I try to fall asleep and when my mind whirls and fast as my powers.

When I was at complete stop I looked at Nat, "You really like to get started right away, don't you?" I asked. I wasn't even tired, I practically ran a mile in that small room just by running around and around. "What next?"

Nat took out a real gun and took a shot. I panicked and braced myself but the bullet never came. I looked to see the bullet in midair, not moving. The bullet almost touched my nose. After I looked in astonishment I looked at Nat, she was just as surprised as me. "Is it suppose to do this?" I whispered. Nat shook her head. The bullet dropped to the floor.

"Are you alright? I thought you were going to run again I didn't mean to-" Nat started but I stopped her.

"Look on the bright side," I said. "I have another power." I laughed uneasily.

"Is it like telekinesis?" Nat asked.

"I don't know, let me try something else," I said. Nat dug in a pocket of her pants and found a gum wrapper. She threw it up in the air but I stopped it from hitting the ground. Then Nat tried the gun, she threw the gun in the air but I stopped it. Then I thought harder and I made it come towards me until I held the gun firmly in my hand. I set the gun cautiously on the ground.

Nat smiled. "Try me," Nat daringly said. I focused harder and suddenly she was floating. She flew high until she hit the ceiling and was looking at the mirrors, "How do you like me now, Fury?" Nat whispered. I started to think about what she was talking about but I must have let her go from my mind. Nat started to fall until I caught her with my telekinesis. I let her back down on the ground.

"Gosh are you alright?!" I called to Nat.

"Don't worry, you got your payback," Nat said. Nat and I laughed a bit and the light changed. I looked up to see the mirrors were replaced by windows. I could make out Fury and Maria but then I saw other figures and I recognized them. They were all from the computers. Other people were watching me, too. I guess everybody wanted to see what Coulson's daughter could do.

"How nice you could all join!" I called up to the audience sarcastically.

"Jane, your abilities are great. Ever since you were a small child I knew you could do this sort of thing. I would like to invite you to become part of the Avengers Initiative," Fury announced.

Everything was quiet until I realized I was suppose to say something. "You mean I would be some sort of super hero?" I asked. Fury nodded.

I smiled. "Alright, sure," I said.

"Yeah Jane!" A guy called out. I could see it was the guy who played Galactica. Everyone started clapping including Nat.

I started out the day pretty well I might say.

------/-----

I HOPE THAT YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! IT WASNT THE FUNNIEST CHAPTER BUT LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, JANE HAS A NEW POWER.

IM AMERICAN AND IT IS JULY 5TH SO IM GOING TO SAY IT, I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT 4th OF JULY.

THANK YOU!!