chapter 2

Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear - unkown

Song : love again by Jake Miller

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°^^^^^^°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Chill boo,look at you, you're one fiesty girl I know of ,she said winking.
"So what's the news you've been dying to tell me ",I said clearly not in the mood for a talk .

Mia!,you won't believe but my dad called in today and he suggested that we move to new York city, she said with so much of glee in her.
Kate's dad was a business man who was never free to give his undivided attention to his only daughter until he had a break down when his wife died.Mrs Susan was a very light skinned women with blue eyes that's where Kate's get her gorgeous genes from.Mrs Susan suffered from Breast cancer and it had ate her life causing her to leave her beloved ones behind. Ever since her death Kate's dad would always call her up every week and check on her in term of her financial needs or her extra needs more like wants.

"Oh! that's a bit quick .....so ammmm does it mean like a fresh beginning for me,"I said being abit unsure as to where I stand with this option.

"Yeah,surely means hunting for a new boyfriend,"she said mocking me.

"I guess, I like this sole partner   relationship,"I said pouting at her.

"Ughh!!!!,the one boring human I know of,but it's definitely time for me to party and be the stinky rich girl I am,"she exclaimed with a wide smile on her face.

"Well atleast someone's excited" ,I said rolling my eyes at her remark.

"I think we should take this celebration home,"she said trying to sound seductive and throwing a playful wink at me.

Before we went to our soggy and yet rather crowded flat we popped into a liquior store and brought two bottles of wine and some iced vodka.Atleast we will have a decent sized apartment once we move out of here or atleast that's what I was hoping for. I clearly knew that today was going to be a long night cause definitely pajama party was on for us. I needed it after the rather annoying dramatic scene back at the cafe.

Being with Kate really did keep me away from my nightmare. The past was mostly unforgettable and simply it left alot of emotional scars on my inner self.It was like a flesh with a deep wound that would never heal no matter what form of happiness came to soothe it.

"So here's to being wild,carefree and young again",Kate said pouring some wine in a fancy glass.

"Cheers",i said with a skeptical look,probably doubting myself on my abilities to finish the glass of wine because I was inexperienced with drinks.I Never really went out even though Kate would sometime practically drag me, instead I would choose to have a few moments alone to myself and read a couple of good books or Netflix to accompany myself until Kate would show up around 3 in the morning.

"So dad wants me to fill in for him because he'll be leaving for a business trip in calfornia," she said typing on her phone.

So does that leave me to be alone?

"Nope not entirely because you'll also be accompanying me,"she answered as if she had read my mind while throwing a bottle cap at me which I caught.

Those vodka shots were definitely showing their magic I thought to myself. Yes we've just finished the two bottles of wine and now our aim was to pretty much finish the vodka.

"Here's another shot comping up your way Mia,she said grabbing my glass and pouring the last bit and leaving some for herself.

"So..... I heard you dumped Mr spec,shame I think you did not like his chubby ass after all ,"I said chuckling abit while taking a glance at her.
"More like he places law first in everything,"she said rolling her eyes.

Brad Smith was a blonde American guy with a defined tone shaped body and strong jaw lines ,not to mention he had gray snaked eyes which girls would fall flat for also he had a tall frame compared to Kate. Looking at him you could surely tell he hits the gym every now and then and Oh boy he had the perfect shaped abs. And now you're probably wondering howcome a naive girl like me would have encounter such a sight well let's just say he's a show off  and loves roaming around topless. He was doing his second year in law and obviously those type of people are less talkers and abit snobby. He wore nerdy glasses which was another attractive thing about him.To me he looked like a decent guy until I found out he messed around with married women's.

Kate was disgusted when she found that out,taking into consideration that she was more of a sexual engaging person then of a sensual.

"Wait up girl,we're starting with you first.You tell me why you rejected his friends Blake, I mean girl he was honestly drooling for you and not to mention his stinking rich and a cool singer too,"she paused and took a gulp of her drink.

"Please Kate I don't think I'm ready to move on from everything and honestly speaking he is not my type so yeah I guess that sums it up!".

"Hey,why do you always have to drag your past in everything,life is more about enjoying then crying over something that was meant to be faded". Remember your past is meant to make you stronger and defensive over obstacles so you can easily tackle them down.

If only she knew how difficult it was to wake up everyday and pretend as if nothing is the matter and plaster a fake smile .
Nevertheless Kate's words were reasonable and made sense.I could not carry all the garbage because literally it was equivalent to trash and I had to dump it.

Kate was already  fast asleep on the couch with half of her body on the floor.I decided to pull some covers on her and headed of to my room.After 20 minutes of pure silence and tossing I decided do some job search.
I got up to reach for my laptop. Stupid drinks useless can't even get me to sleep i muttered to myself.
I came across a site who where looking for a journalist in the publishing industry.The information provided exposing the companies work blew my mind.It was the perfect spot to get my ass and the money was definitely worth it as would cover up almost all my debts and finally to spend abit on myself.
I quickly filled in the details and sent them a email for scheduling  my appointment with them. The other beneficial  thing was that it was situated near Kate's dad's company. Oh and Kate's dad is addressed as Mr Joel Knights.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°^^^^^^^°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N - firstly want to apologis for a long cliffhanger. I was just caught up with shit loads of work hope you'll enjoy the story until then have a blast and enjoy every moment of your life . Your comments mean the world to me and I would not mind fixing my mistakes also you can follow me on Instagram @sharineselvs20
Oh and if u have any suggestions for my cover plz feel free to send it.
#wearasmile ♡ #luvurself ♡