chapter 17

Finding clarity is the easy part but making peace with yourself is the hard part - selvi patel.

Song : I love you's by Hailee Steinfeld

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I decided to leave this suffocating place . The first thing I tried to do when I got home was to take a shower and change into baggy clothes because in times like these they did comfort me a little.
I tried to calm myself down and relax my tensed body in a hot tub. I decided to really overdo the whole calming process so I had added some rose petals and some beautiful fragranced oils. I took my time to scrub my entire body but mostly I enjoyed the smell of the fragrances and the warm water. I tired to clear my head so I started thinking about something that would make me happy the first that come to my mind was the exploration I wanted of the world. On the very top of my list was Japan followed by Singapore, Peru and the list went on . I mentally told myself to start saving up for my future travel trip.
Secondly animals appreared in my mind which got me feeling the need for a pet I also made another note of getting a dog soon to keep me company.

After changing to an over sized t-shirt and baggy sweatpants I strided towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge knowing exactly what I wanted. I took out the whole tub of ice cream . Next I dragged the chair near a cupboard .You see when you were short you needed help from the furniture and heels. I stood on the chair maintaining my balance and leaned forward in reach of a tin container. I finally got hold of it and grabbed it tighter with my grip because I was way too clumsy.

I took out a bowl and a spoon thinking I'll have a scoop or two of the ice cream but took the whole tub instead. Last but not least it time to reveal the suspense of the tin container .
This was were I stocked my chocolate bars more like hid them mainly of two reasons.

One being me having the ability to finish all the chocolates on one go.
Second was Kate because she had mega powers then me to actually finish all the chocolates.

I took two bars of 70% cocoa chocolate bars from lidnt and the tub of ice cream and off I went to the couch. I flipped on the tv to my all time favorite show Brooklyn nine-nine.
Here was the sad part where a girl was depressed so junk food becomes their best friend for the next couple of days she will feel miserable and lots of sleeping would be done along with occasional crying.

After fifteen minutes I realised I had finished all my junk and that's when I started taking note of the time. Kate had also not yet arrived. Looking from the darkness outside she should have been here already. I started searching for my phone .The panic took over when it wasn't even in my bedroom.
I tried to think of all the possible places it would be and then it clicked the office I left it in my office.

Well I had to go get it,I had to contact Kate and know about her whereabouts before even worrying about having a look at my first project assigned by Jennifer.

It took forever for the bus to arrive and it took longer to arrive at the building with the multiple stoppings we made on the way.
The last time I was here at night this place seemed pretty scary.
The guard greeted me kindly but asked for the purpose of my visit anyway, I guess he was just doing his job and a good one I'll say as he was still wide awake.

I decided not to inspect any other areas as most of the lights were off and I was already baby scared. I mean the last thing I wanted was something creeping on me . At this point I scolded myself as I could have just waited until tomorrow morning .
Finally I arrived on my floor and thankfully it had more lightening compared to the rest of the floors.
I searched for my keys and tried to turn the doorknob of an unlocked door.
That sent me shaking from the top to the bottom. I was certainly affirmative that I had locked the door.