chapter 3

And if you're on the edge of giving up then you have not yet realised your purpose- selvi Patel

Song : hope by Chainsmokers

________--_--------_-_-_---_-_-----_--________

The approaching week was pretty chaotic for me as I was busy relocating my belongings to my new flat.To my suprises it was a penthouse which Kate's farther offered to pay.It was a enormous space with three bedrooms and a living area and a   conjoined kitchen along with two luxurious bathrooms. The bathrooms had a big jacuzzi situated in the middle and a mirrored glass windows which provided a 360 degree view of the moving New York City.

The blue and black painting dominated the rooms.It also had a crystal clear swimming pool. Since everything was provided I only needed to organise myself. It was already past afternoon and Kate showed no trance as she was at her fathers company. I decided to make a sandwich and poured some fruit juice.I was almost done with arranging my room when I heard the door open violently. Kate stormed in with heavy steps and huffing.I immediately rushed to her with a glass of water which she gladly accepted. What happened,why are you huffing?,I asked sounding abit concerned. She started smiling like an idiot in return I just threw her a skeptical look. Will you bark now?
"Oh yes,well I wanted to say that ammm will you accompany me to the...."she trailed off and paused as if it were the most difficult thing to say.I raise my eyebrow at her signaling her to continue.

"To the.....club you know we could just chill out". She was grinning like a small child.
"Seriously kate,I guess you already know the answer and I am not even fimiliar with this area so you can go ahead".The last thing I wanted to do was get drunk with her.Kate tried hard to convince me.She started making puppy eyes and even went on her knees.After a few minutes she returned with wet eyes and pretend as if she had been crying.I just rolled my eyes at her.She was real drama queen. Despite all her attempts I still refused.

The only reason I wanted to stay back was because I had a interview at the Lotts publishers company. I had to prepare myself and consider some of the possible questions that may be asked. I wanted to be presentable and not make a fool out of myself. I also needed a good rest as I was tired of shifting and placing things here and there. I tried to reason and explained to Kate and it finally sank in her thick skull.

I caught a seven o'clock bus in the morning.My interview was starting at eight sharp. My eyes roamed around the kinetic city of New York.Everyone looked occupied with their lives. After a fifteen minute drive with all the traffic i made it infront of Lotts publishers Co. I was up for a walk but I did not want to be late for my interview.The building was huge and it approximately occupied seventeen floors.I reached the fourth floor and was standing in front of the receptionist. She was a beautiful slender lady with a curvous body and had ginger red hair. Part of me felt jealous at her striking beauty and swallowed my siliva down the throat.

"Good morning,I am Mia Thompson.I have a interview with Mr lott at eight I said with a smile (note it was fake one).I did not want to start of on a bad note. I needed this job desperately and it was something I had a passion for. She checked her laptop and asked for my name again.

"Mr lott will see you in his office.Just turn right and take the elevator marked for public and press nine ,your destination will be on your left." Her face wore no expressions and she stared at me coldly.

"Remember to use the public elevator and not the private one",she stated curtly. I muttered a thank you and departed as quickly as possible.Suddenly I was consumed with nervousness  and panicked.
What if Mr lott would not find me intelligent enough ..... what if he sees me as an inexperienced and unreliable worker....what if he totally disagrees and says no.....god I was over thinking. I almost jumped out of my skin when the elevator door popped open.I walked out with shaky legs. There was another beautiful young girl she must have been around 24. She was dressed up formally with her hair tied up in a neat bun. Her thick mascara made her green eyes to stand out.Looks like Mr lott only hired models.