chapter 19

It hurts when those special memories turns into ghosts almost non-existent-selvi patel

Song : think of me by Olivia Lunny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The clock strikes 5:30pm. Exactly at that time I'm already grabbing my belongings and opening the door. I decided to do everything professionally and time management was an important factor of it. This company didn't deserve my extra hours . Keeping Shawn's words in my mind I left the company with an accomplished feeling.

I stopped by a grocery store since I was running out on some of the items. I loaded my trolley firstly with the healthy greens, dry legumes,meat and last came the junk loads and loads of it. I guess everyone turns to the 'unhealthy' food when they're going through a rough time.

I arrived home and attacked the junk (don't judge me I'm just a depressed girl). I started reminding myself of how lonely my life , how could life be so cruel to me . I flipped on the tv and decided to watch game of thrones. The junk food and series were the perfect duo always seems to comfort the homo sapiens.
I was watching some episodes game of thrones and was completely lost wondering about the dragons and how exactly did they become extinct.

The door softly opened revealing Kate . I immediately jolted toward the door and caught her off guard as I jumped on her. I've never been so excited at someone's arrival . I hugged  her tightly almost gushing the life out of her in the process she lost her balance and we both fell.

"Well mommy's home kiddo", she says sarcastically while trying to get up.

"You've no idea how glad I am to see you ",I simply say smiling like a goofy kid.

"Oh I know what this is about ,how about I take a shower first and you can tell me everything. I also bought pizza and some booze so let's call it a  pajama party, yeah"?

"That's a great plan ", I say as I help her with her bags .

I started from the very beginning bearing in mind that she already knew the first half of the story. I guess I was trying to highlight the fact about how vicious Vanessa was wow that goes really well with her name . Kate also had managed to find a half used wine bottle which worked in our favour pretty well. I mean what a better duo then junk + besties = resolutions to every obstacles. Kate suggested some violent ways to get rid of Vanessa which I did not approve of at all . For starters she would knock vannesa and then run the car over her, exactly that was not something I or her were capable of .
We sat up till late talking about mostly Vanessa and a little about my broken heart .

I was convinced that Kate was ready to put up a fight with her but I lured her into focusing on her life . She also had alot of responsibilities now . Soon she would be part of her father's ambitious company. I was extremely happy for her up coming achievements.

I decided to sleep through my worries. As I laid in my bed my mind immediatley found Shawn and Vanessa to overthink with. Once a legend said sleep required peace and I felt that . I tried to find myself amongst all those concerns. I was being unreasonable with this whole situation . I was better than Vanessa, why was I acting like an immature kid with her . I was Mia and that defined me as an unique person. Mia wouldn't let anyone get under her skin. She wouldn't worry about other people's dramatic lives. She could always work out a solution to any problems. She was extremely independent and didn't require a backbone to uphold her and her reputation.

I told myself that tommorow when I go to work I will display this self independency armour. With positive thoughts and with a determined mind I went to sleep, feeling proud about who I was.

The morning felt energetic with all my positive vibes radiating around me. Today i took time with my closet . I decided to uphold the on point professional reputation and I was even getting better with the make-up.
The idea was to show shawn what a employee did at a workplace ethically.
I quickly finished the healthy bit of my breakfast .