Chapter 1

You are 5 and Dark is 6.  

18 years ago...

Y/N P.O.V.

"Wake up sweetheart." I feel someone nudging my shoulder. I open my eyes and see a blurry figure sitting on the side of my bed looking down at me. 

"Y/N baby. Time to get up. We got work to do." The figure said. I recognize the gentle, but strong, voice to be my father. As I start to wake up, my vision slowly get clearer. I can make out the pale pink paint that is spread on my walls of my bedroom, and the little, silver butterflies decals that clung to the painted drywall. I can also make out my daddy's short, blonde hair, his blonde stubble that is cleanly fixed on his jawline, and his caring baby-blue eyes.

"Hi Daddy." I say with sleep still littering my voice. I hear him chuckle and feel him pet my H/C bed head. "Come one, you can't sleep all day!" He laughs and starts to tickle me.

That instantly wakes me up. 

"Daddy! Stop!" I giggle and try to wiggle out of his grasp. When I finally get free, I un-tuck my little white wings and flutter to the other side of my room so that daddy can't get me.

"I see you've been practicing. Keep it up and you'll be flying better than me!" My daddy said as he walked over to me and caught me as my wings started to get tired. "Do you really think I could fly betterer than you?" I asked as he started to walk out of my room with me in in his arms. I hear him chuckle. "Of course! Your mommy always said that you would have strong wings, and she was always right about everything." I smile and lean my head on his shoulder. 

My mommy isn't here anymore. Daddy told me that she was a human, and that due to problems giving birth to me, she died. You would think that we could see her since she was made into an angel because she was super nice, but she got sent somewhere else. 

See, there's two levels of heaven. The second being where all the normal angels go. The first level, is where all of God's really special angels go. God uses these angels to help keep heaven in order, kind of like guardian angels, but they cant leave the first level. Me and daddy are special angels, but we have to stay in the second level so that we can go to and from earth. So we can't go see her, but when God talks to us, he tells us that mommy misses us and that she loves us. I wish that I could see her.

But until then, I help my daddy with a special group of angels that God has picked to make sure that the demons that come out of Hell, go back. We're called 'Protectors'. We make sure that the humans are safe from the really dangerous demons. Not the little trickster ones.

I'm still too young to actually go and help them, but daddy takes me to the meetings, training, and on rare occasions, go talk to the demon-leader-people to make them calm their demons down. We keep the peace between angels, human, and demons balanced. The demons are aloud to get away with some stuff, but not a lot. In return, we don't try to kill the demons that we see.

And instead of living in heaven like most angels do, we live on earth. We look like normal people to humans, but if we want to, we can become invisible or show that we are an angel.  

After daddy and I eat, he teleports us to where the Protectors are meeting. "Hey Gabriel, hey Flutter-bug!" One of the angels greets us and plucks me from my daddy. This is my Uncle Marco. He's not my real uncle, but I call him that because that is what he told me to call him. He's a burley man with dark brown hair and a thick beard. He gave me the nickname 'Flutter-bug' because I can't fly really good right now. I 'flutter' my wings as he says.

I giggle as he swings me around and gets ready to throw me into the air. "Get ready to show me your skills Flutter-bug! One, two, three!" He launches me up into the air and I flap my tiny wings as hard as I can. But, since there still so small, I come plummeting back down towards the clouds. I don't get scared because I know that someone will catch me. 

As I get closer and closer too the white, fluffy clouds, I close my eyes and smile. Someone always catches me and I like for it to be a surprise. I finally feel someone latch there arms around me and laugh. I open my eyes, only to be met with a pair of light blue ones. "Rose!" I yell and hug the ginger. "Hey kiddo, still working on the flying?" "Yeah! But I'm having trouble staying in the air." I say disappointedly. "It's okay." She comforts me before she gently lands on the ground and puts me down, "I had trouble staying in the air too." Rose fixes my hair in a braid so that it doesn't get in my face. "You did?" "She sure did, kiddo." I hear a man's voice say.

I turn around and see Rose's husband, David. "Hi Davey!" I yell as I run up to him and spread my arms out. The muscly, black headed angel bent down to catch me. He lifted me up and hoisted me onto his shoulders. "How do you know that Rose had trouble flying?" I bent down to look at him. He smiled and said, "Rose and I grew up together. We both learned how to fly together." David looked over at Rose and leaned over to kiss her. "EWW!" I stuck my tongue out and cringed at them being gross. 

"Hey, You're scaring her for life!" I heard an English accent say. I feel someone grab me under my arms and pick me up. "Maxwell!" I screech. Maxwell was one of the younger Angels. He is really skinny, and has short, dirty blonde hair. He is also the youngest angel in the group, besides me. Maxwell turns us over to where I'm sitting on his stomach and he's hovering above the ground. "Hey Y/N, how's my partner doing?" He asks as we done out secret handshake. It consisted of a fist bump that turned into an explosion, then a wink, and ended with a 'boop' on each other's noses. "I'm doing aw-awsa-" "Awesome?"  He suggests. "Yeah! I still can't say it." 

"Alright, I know that we're all having fun throwing my daughter around, but we have some important things to get to." My daddy says as he pulls me off of Max and puts me on the ground. "Oh come on Gabe, we're just having fun with her." Uncle Marco says as he ruffles up my daddy's blonde hair. "Marco, this is the last time I am going to tell you. Do not call be Gabe, and do not touch my hair." My daddy says with aggravation lacing his voice. Marco just chuckles and sits on the clouds that formed into something like a chair.. 

Once everybody got their assignments, daddy picked me up. "Okay Y/N, I have to do something really important, and you are going with me." "Yay!" I shouted. "But," He interrupted my excitement, "you have to listen to me. Where we are going is very dangerous. And I don't want you to get hurt." "Okay Daddy!" "Alright. Hold on." I closed my eyes as he teleported us.