Chapter 6

Y/N P.O.V.

Dark and I stood there, staring at each other in shock. "Y/N? Is it really you?" He asked, moving a little closer. "Yea. It's been a while." Dark pulled me into a tight hug, "I can't believe it's you! It's really you!" I laughed and pulled back from the tight embrace.

"Hold on just a giddly-goddämn minute!", Anti yelled. "You two know each other?!" Red asked. Dark let go of me and turned towards the two confused demons. "Yea. When we were little, her dad came down to see Lucius and he brought her. We played in my room and got to know each other." Red nodded her head, understanding what Dark said, but Anti still had the confused look on his face. Red sighed and slapped the back of his head, "OW!" "You are an idiot." "But I'm your idiot." Anti said, nuzzling his face into Red's neck. 'Well that escalated fast.'

Dark and I stood there watching the very affectionate and touchy couple. I could tell he was uncomfortable, and so was I. "Um, I would love to talk longer, but I gotta go. Dark would you like to go?" I said, trying to save both of us. "Uh, y-yea! Guys, I'm going with Y/N. I'll talk to you later." Dark quickly came to my side as we walked down the sidewalk. "Okay! Whatever you say." I hear Anti mutter from Red's neck. She was now pushed up against the brick wall with Anti's lips on her collarbone.

Once we rounded the corner, Dark and I busted out in laughter. "That was so uncomfortable!" I said while wiping the tears from my eyes. "Hehe yea. Hey, thanks for saving me from that. It sucks being the single person around them." "You're welcome. And I get where you're coming from. I'm the single one too." His eyes widen. "No way. You are not single." I giggle and turn on my camera, since the park was across the street. "Yes, Dark. I'm single." He crossed his arms and shakes his head. "I'm not believing it. Not until I have proof." "Okay. Suit yourself."

We walk into an alley so that we can turn visible. Then we walk over to the park. I see people playing with their dogs, little kids lined out in front of an ice cream truck, and couples holding hands and kissing each other. Dark noticed I was staring at the couple sitting on a bench, the man whispering into the woman's ear and seeing her giggle at the sweet and loving words he was saying. "Come on Y/N, let's go over there." He pointed and put his hand on my lower back, pushing me to a trail that was surrounded with giant trees.

"So, tell me what you've been up to these past 18 years." I say as I adjust the zoom and exposure of my camera. I pull it up to my face and take a picture of the half green and yellow leaves. "Well... Not a lot has happened. Just a shïtty boring life of the son of the leader of the Demons." Dark says, kicking a rock. "Well tell me what 'the shïtty and boring life' has been like." I laughed. "Um, where do I start. A week after you and your dad came down there, Lucius sent me to some kind of private school-training camp for demons-type thing. I sorta ruled that place since I was the 'Son of the mighty Lucius', but I really didn't care. That's where I met Red and Anti. They were the only ones who didn't treat me like I was priceless; they treated me like a normal person. Or at least tried to, heh. When I got out, I moved to L.A so that I could try to have a normal life and not be reminded that I'm a fückin demon." "I'm sorry." I rubbed my hand on his back. "Nah, it's okay. I wanna know what happened to you."

"I was homeschooled, but went to a public high school. Got interested in photography, so I went to college for it. Dad didn't think I would really need to, but I needed to make money somehow. And I love it. I moved to a house also in L.A and I own my own photography business. That's really it." "Looks like we've both had boring lives growing up." "Heh, yea."

We spent hours in the park, telling stories and making fun of people that passed us by. Dark and I sat under a tree on a hill, watching the sun go down and eating the ice cream that he bought us. "Dark! It's running down your hand!" I laughed. "I know! It won't stop!" He licked up his hand and stuck the remaining cone in his mouth. "Here, I have napkins." I reach into my pocket to get the wad of napkins that the ice cream man gave us. "You said he didn't give you any!" He grabbed the napkins and wiped his face and hands off. "I lied. Whoops." "You äss! Come here!" Dark tackled me. He hovered over me and we stared in each other's eyes. "You have something right there." I pointed to the top of his lip. "Do I? Can you get it off please?" He asked, his face slowly moving closer towards mine. His eyes glancing from my lips to my eyes. "Mhm..." I grabbed the side of his face and slowly pulled it down to mine, interlocking our lips together in a passionate kiss. Our tongues fighting for dominance with one another.

That evening was perfect. Not only because I reunited with an old friend, but because I found a new love.