Chapter 4

18 years later...

Y/N P.O.V.

"Y/N! Come down here! It's time for assignments!" I hear someone yell. I look down from where I was flying to see dad and Uncle Marco looking up at me. I put the lens cap onto my camera, fly down, and stand in front of them. "But I was taking pictures! Today is perfect for it!" I exaggerate by throwing my arms around a lot. Dad and Marco knew I was joking around because they started chuckling at me. Marco walked over to me and ruffled my braided H/C hair. "Hey!" I shouted, pushing his hand off. "It took me all morning to braid it!" "Come on, everybody's waiting." 

The eldest people got their jobs first, so I always got mine last. And dad always gave me the easiest ones, like go to the dog park and make sure that none of the dogs wonder off. I love animals and I love to watch them play, but dammit, GIVE ME SOMETHING DANGEROUS AND DARING TO DO! Rose and Maxwell gets to follow rock climbers and hikers, while David and Marco put the 'overly-excited' demons back in hell.

After everyone got their assignments for today and were on their way, dad walked over to me. "What am I doing today? Making sure that an apple doesn't fall and hit someone?" "Hold back some of the sarcasm will ya." He chuckled, "I have a very special job for you today." He put his arm around my shoulder. "I want you to take your camera," he pointed at the camera hanging around my neck. "and take a lot of pictures for me." I widen my eyes. "That's all?" Dad smiled. "Yes. You did say that today was perfect for them. Right?" "I guess..." "Great! I expect some beautiful ones too." 

He wants me...to take pictures...for today's assignment...

What drugs has he taken?

'I guess I better get going.' I check my camera to make sure that the strap is secure, then close my eyes.