Chapter 13

Dark's ‘demon’ name is Darcen (Dar-sen)*

**********

Y/N P.O.V.

Dark and I 'teleported' to where Anti and Red were. A forest outside of L.A.

I look at Dark confused. It was quiet, and the only things moving were the animals. Squirrels and birds picked through the leaf-covered ground, looking for their breakfast. A woodpecker was hacking at a great oak tree in the distance.

But then, all of a sudden, we hear a loud screaming. Slowly becoming louder as the culprit got near. First, we see Anti running; sweat glistening on his head. Red comes running shortly after Anti, but not a fire-red curl out of place.

Anti runs up to us and hangs off Dark's shoulder.

"Anti, where's the angel?" I ask quickly. Still out of breath, he points to a close hill in the direction that they ran from. Then, I see him.

Bright white eyes glare at the demons before me. Power radiates from him and surges in the air, causing my hair to stand on edge and goosebumps travel up my arms. The angel's wings are stretched out behind him, the blinding white feathers contrast with the dark gray shirt and dark jeans he is wearing.

After a while, he finally speaks. The mans voice booms across the now quiet forest.

"Demons Anti and Red, you have been let off of your punishments for far too long. You have disobeyed the law between Angels and Demons. For this crime, I sentence you to-"

"Wait!" I yell. Dark, Anti, and Red stare at me with wide eyes.

"Why do you interrupt me, little angel? Why do you stop me from sentencing these evil beings?"

"Before you punish them, please, tell me what they did. And what your name is." The light from his eyes, his overly white whings, and the fact that he was standing in front of the sun, made it hard to see his face. I can't recognize his voice because he altered it to talk in the 'angel voice' to mask his real one.

"They have done the unimaginable! The inconceivable!" He paused for a moment, "They got me in on the most amazing prank ever!" His voice faded at the end to show his regular one.

Anti ran up to the mysterious angel and gave him a high-five while Red was buckled down laughing behind us.

"What?" Dark and I asked simultaneously.

When I look back at the man, his wings were down and his eyes looked normal. His identity became evident to me.

His sandy, shoulder-length hair. His kind and charismatic personality shone through the somewhat dim forest. But his eyes, his baby blue eyes- the same ones as my dad- are what confirmed my suspicions.

"Michael?"

"That's Uncle Michael to you. How've you been, squirt?" Michael said as he walked over to me and ruffled my H/C hair, smiling that award-winning smile that I remember as a child.

He didn't have time to ask me again because I was to bust jumping into his arms and squealing my lungs out.

"Where have you been," I start, "dad has been wondering about you."

"The Big Man needed me for a little while. Can't say no to him."

"WAIT!" Dark shouted. We all turn to look at him. His eyes were wide and he looked irritated, probably from not knowing what was going on. 

"Uncle Michael? Prank? What?"

I walked to him and explained to him how Michael was my dad's brother, and Anti explained what Michael meant by prank.

"Red and I were walking around in town when we saw ol' Mike here. We've been buddies for a long time. He'd always get me out of trouble when I was younger, and when we told him that we were thinking of dropping in on you, he decided to spice it up a bit. Hints the prank."

Michael chimed in and giggled like a school girl, "And you both fell for it! I wish I had a camera! Your faces were perfect!" That had got Anti and Red laughing again, which caused me to breath out a laugh. Dark had embarrassment creep up his face.

**********

After a while, Anti and Red had 'things to do', and I believe that it included "Ruddy's Pizza" down the street from my studio.

Michael and I were telling Dark stories about when I was little and what Micheal does when he has to leave on his 'special missions'. Michael also brings up that he is in 'better terms' with the demons than my father and the other angels.

Once it gets near the afternoon, Dark suggests that we go to a restaurant and get some lunch.

Forgetting that Michael was there, Dark and I held hands on the way there. And at the table, we made little side comments and bothered each other by nudging and poking. I saw Michael glance at us from his menu, us not realizing that we were acting like a couple in front of my Uncle.

"I know what's going on between you two." Michael stops us when we were leaving the restaurant. Me and Dark stop when the realization hit us. We look at each other, fear clawing its way into our chests and filling it with dread.

"Michael, please, don't tell anyone! I don't know what I would do if-" he stopped me mid-sentence with his finger to my mouth.

"Y/N, Dark, you have nothing to worry about. Your secret is safe with me. I actually like that you found someone. We all know you're very lonely. Always spending every waking moment in that studio. You needed to get a damn life!" he chuckles.

I let out a breath of air that I was holding in my lungs. Dark looked a little unsure, until I took his hand in mine and assured him that we can trust my Uncle. He may be one of God's most trusted angels (more trusted than my father), but he wouldn't go back on his word. No matter how goofy and playful he may be. 

"But there is one condition," Michael continues, "If there is a single hair on her head out of place, I will find you, and I will deal with you...personally." His face turned from his happy-go-lucky self, to a serious I-will-kill-you face. 

Dark gulped and nodded nervously. "Y-yes sir. I wouldn't even think of it," he then looks at me, admiration clouds his eyes like a fog, "I love her, so much, sir." 

Michael smile and nodded. "Well, I would love to spend more time with you guys, but I believe that a certain little brother of mine would like to see me. Love you, squirt." He hugged me and, in a blink of an eye, he was gone. 

"Are you sure that he's not Crystal's father, or related to her in any way?"

I giggled and pecked his cheek. "Yep, I'm sure. Crystal's parents are angels and Uncle Michael is still looking for 'the one'."

"I know I found 'the one'. Because she's standing right here, and I get to tell her I love her everyday. I just hope she loves me back."

"I think she does."

"Good." Dark leans in to kiss me and I respond by wrapping my arms around his neck. 

A good end, to a confusing and eventful day.