Jade

I had no idea what am I going to talk to her about. It was an impulsive decision to talk to her. The moment I saw her, I knew I had to know her. I don't know why. Do I love her or something like that? Nah! I just met her. I mean I'm bi, but still... No chance for that. But there's no denying that I was interested in knowing more about her.

She had her head down, facing a craft book or something like that. She was carefully drawing something. She looked cute. I could see her tongue peeking out of her mouth. I repeat. She looked cute. Without me knowing, I smiled. "Hello." I greeted her after I was done staring at her like a creep. She slowly looked up to me with her eyebrows furrowed. Seconds. That's all it took for her to look at me and go back to do whatever she was doing. Rude. Am I invisible?
"Ahem." I cleared my throat for another attempt.
"What?"
Wow. She is 'the' rudest person that I've ever met in my life. Anyhow, I decided to continue this mockery of social customs.
"I just said hello."
"Yeah. I heard you."
What's her problem?
"Then why didn't you reply." She was ignoring me. She didn't even know me.
"I simply chose not to." She went back to her work, leaving me all confused and slightly embarrassed.
"But I wanted to talk to you." Oh My God. I don't even know why I am continuing after this hostile interaction. She looked at me with a weird expression and then went to do her artwork.
Well, someone is going to be the sensible person here. I chose to sit next to her and I swear I noticed her eyes moving to my side.
"I'm Perrie Edwards. I'm staying at my mam's. It's close to the park. Not that I was staying here forever. I had a job in New York. I had some problems up there and decided to quit. It may not look like an excellent or wise decision, but I'm really happy now. I can start fresh here." Suddenly I noticed that she had her craft book closed and was scrolling through something on her phone. Did I bore her that much?
"Were you even listening?" I asked her warily. She looked at me with a smirk on her face.
"Did I look like I was doing that?" With that she shifted her eyes back to her phone.
"What's your name?" Well I wanted to know at least her name." She did not take her eyes off her phone.
"I don't give my name to strangers."
That seemed like bullshit. I told her mine.
"I told you my name."
"Haven't you ever heard of stranger danger? Also I didn't ask for yours. You gave that to me willingly."
Is she being serious? It looked like she was giving me advice. Now she talks. If she can spend time to talk about this, why can't she tell me her name?
"Why wouldn't you tell me your name?" God! I'm being desperate. But I can't stop myself asking.
"Well, for you to know my name, you have to be somewhat related to me. You're not my friend, family, neighbour, colleague, roommate, not even someone I see every day. You're not even an acquaintance. So, not interested." She went back to scrolling  down her phone. I had my mouth open listening to her explanation. Is she even from this world? I continued staring at her unabashedly. I don't know where to steer my conversation from here. She is really not interested in talking to me. She's trying everything to shoo me away.
"Hey Jade." I heard somebody's voice. I also heard a muffled "Shit". I knew that came from the person next to me. Apparently, 'Jade' looked up from her screen and grinned at the person walking towards us.
"Hey Jordan." Jordan came up to Jade and gave her a hearty smile. "I didn't see you at the university today. What happened?" Jordan was completely oblivious to the person sitting close to Jade, maybe too close to be just a passerby.
"I had to take Karl to the hospital. It was a quick decision as nobody else were home."
"Oh. Ok. Will you be there tomorrow?" Jordan sounded like he missed her. Maybe he likes her. How could he? He just doesn't look good with her. He's all bulky and muscular while she looked small and petite and cute. What? Cute? Did I just called her cute. Well she looked cute. There's no denying that.
By the time I came back from my thoughts, Jordan had left and Jade had opened her craft book and continued her drawing. Suddenly a smirk crept to my face.
"So, you're Jade." She let out a huff and turned to meet my eyes.
"Yes, I'm Jade."
"Why couldn't you just tell me that earlier?"
"Simple. I didn't want to."
I stared at her in disbelief. What is wrong with her? I'm just trying to make some small talk. I'm so done. I looked at her for one last time and stood up. I slowly started my walk back to my dull and bland life.
"You have beautiful eyes."
I was shocked. It was the voice of the beautiful brunette who just sat next to me. I quickly turned back. I can't believe that she just gave me a compliment. The girl who has just been making me feel embarrassed and insulted but also making me think so much about her, was giving me a compliment. Suddenly I felt shy and blushed at her flattering words.
"Thanks." I managed to let out the words. "You have pretty eyes too." I was not just saying that because she praised me. I really loved her brown eyes. I would love to stare into her eyes for years of she'll let me. Wow Perrie. That's too forward and way too creepy. Jade just smiled back at me and went back to her work. I wanted to stay and possibly have a lengthy conversation with her. But it's too late now. Mam must be waiting for me. And also, I don't know about Jade's mood. I mean, she was bitchy a while ago and suddenly had a good mood. I don't know if she will like me sitting next to her again. That compliment must've been a way to dismiss me. But I was walking away anyway. She didn't have to compliment me if I was walking away. Seriously this interaction confused me. I turned back and started walking towards home. I have to come here tomorrow. Obviously to meet her. Maybe try to have a positive interaction with her. She seems like an interesting person. I think I'm a bit infatuated with her. Am I? All I know is that I like her.