Kiss The Girl

The date was a disaster. Everything and probably everyone was against us going on the date. We had to cut short the date as soon as we reached the restaurant where I had painstakingly booked a seat for us when Jade received a call from her mam. Mrs Thirlwall was at her home with Karl and the rest of the family. It was a surprise visit as Jade was not expecting them to call at her house even though they lived around close to 10 minutes walk.
                     I couldn't kiss her properly. She had made me promise that we will kiss only after our first date. That sucked. But, if that's what she wanted, I'm willing to do it. So, I was a bit moody this morning. Mam tried to pry me off my bed, but I was relentless. Sensing that it was impossible, she let me sleep and left me to continue my slumber. I wanted to give Jade an amazing date, but fate didn't let me.

"Wakey wakey Perriewinkle. Time to wake up." I groaned and raised my head a little to look at the person who just disturbed my sleep. It was Katherine.

"Just go, Kat. I've to sleep."

"No. I wanna talk. You're missed, young lady."

"What?"

"What? I missed you."

"We just met three days ago."

"Still..."

"Oh, don't make me emotional this early."

"Then wake up." Kat walked towards me and sat next to me on the bed and started pulling at my hand. I decided to cave in and sat up and pulled my knees close to me.

"How's Jade?"

"Great. She was here last night."

"Ooh....was it a date?" Kat wriggled an eyebrow as if to mock.

"Yeah. But nothing happened. She left early." I smacked her arm when she teased me.

"Why? Is it because of her college?"

"No. She got a call from her mother and we had to cancel the date."

"Oh." Kat raised her eyebrows in disbelief. "But that's alright, Pez. Is this why you look a bit gloomy today? You could have the date anytime." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it as an act of reassurance.

              *******************

I was at the cafe, helping Ellie in serving a customer when I heard a faint 'ding' of a phone. I quickly turned my head to check whether the sound came from my phone which was placed on the counter. I saw the faint light on the phone which confirmed that it was indeed a message on it.

"Excuse me." I excused myself from Ellie and she nodded slowly without taking her eyes off of her customer. I took the phone and saw that the message was from 'Jado❤️'. I rushed to our break room, without anyone noticing. I locked the door behind me and read the message.

Jado: Hey baby, call me.

Blood rushed to my cheeks when I noticed the term of endearment. I'm her baby. Well, she's my baby too. I pressed the call button next to her name and put the phone next to my ear, waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey, baby."

"Hi, Jado."

"I really love that name. Jado...sounds so cute."

"Well, you're cute." She giggled and I was melted to the spot at that sound.

"I should call you something too."

"Uh, you call me Pez?"

"Everybody calls you that. I want a name for you so that I can use it and nobody else."