Where Did I Go Wrong

Perrie's POV

As soon as I read the message, I knew that I had to confront her. Not knowing what she meant by that message killed me. It's probably nothing. Still, I wanna clear my doubts. I told mam that I was gonna pay a visit to Jade. She merely nodded her head at me and turned to do her works in the kitchen. I knew that she was a bit disappointed at the news that Jade had cancelled the dinner. I picked my car keys and rushed to my car.

I reached her home and looked at the garage as soon as I stopped the engine. Her car was not there. So that means she's not at home. Should I wait for her or should I just go home? After a careful consideration of about ten minutes, I decided to walk over to the door. I'm here anyway and might as well try my luck.

Norma opened the door and she looked a bit surprised to see me.

"Perrie? What are you doing here?" She pulled me towards her and gave me a tight hug.

"I'm here to talk to Jadey." She pulled away from me rather quickly and looked at me with a frown.

"What? Jade told me you and you and your family were out of town."

"Oh."

We both stood at the doorway for a while, silence encapsulating us.

"You can come in and wait for her." Norma moved to a side to give me way. I hesitated a bit as I know Karl might be in there too.

"He is not here now." She smiled at me and grabbed my arm. Okay. So Karl is not here and Jade ran away to somewhere to hide from me, again. What is her real problem with me?

"Mam, I'm back." I heard Jade's voice as she opened the door. As soon as she closed the door, her eyes spotted me and she was frozen to the spot.

"Per..." She whispered, but I heard it. I walked up to her and grabbed her by her arms.

"We have to talk." She gazed at my eyes and merely nodded. We walked to her room, neither of us talking. I tried to hold her hands while walking up but she looked so tense that I dropped my hands.

As soon as I reached her room, she pushed me inside and locked the door immediately. She looked back at me and I saw that her eyes were brimming with tears. I rushed to her and wiped her tears with my palms.

"What happened baby?" I whispered to her.

"It's nothing." She guided me to her bed. We sat there silently with her head on my shoulder and our hands intertwined.

"Per Per?" She spoke after a few minutes.

"Hmm." I hummed while stroking our intertwined hands with my other hand.

"Am I your girlfriend?" I was actually taken aback by her question. She didn't look up, even though I was looking at her.

"Yes...? I know we didn't have a proper date and all, but yeah...I love you...and...you're my girlfriend. You like that?" I carefully looked at her face to see any kind of objection but she was smiling a little. I felt so relieved. I let go of our hands and wrapped my hand in her waist. I used my other hand to raise her chin to make her look at me. Oh. She looked so beautiful, even with her teary eyes and messy hair. I ran my thumb over her lower lip and parted it. She was looking at me with wide and hazy eyes. I leaned in and kissed her hard. I know something happened that evening and I wanna know why. But being here with Jade, I can't stop myself from kissing her.

Suddenly, a knock on the door brought us back from our reverie. Jade jumped from her position and quickly tried to set her hair and dress. She looked so cute while doing that. I smiled at her actions and she glared at me playfully. She opened the door and Norma was standing there.