Mission To Jade

It took all of thirty minutes for me to tell Leigh about my Jade. My Jade? I can't believe that I still wanna address her as mine. I don't even know whether she wants me to be her friend, much less her girlfriend. Although 'my Jade' sounds so good.

"Pez...Perrie...are you okay?" I heard Leigh's concerned voice and I was snapped back to reality.

"Oh yes."

"Oh Leigh, I think she was still stuck to that day, weren't you Per Per?" Kat came behind me and gently tapped my shoulder. I nudged my elbows at her to show my displeasure.

"Kat, would you stop teasing me?" She raised her arms in mock surrender and left me and Leigh to wander into the kitchen.

"So, Perrie. What's the plan? You know, to find Jade?"

"I don't know Leigh. I mean, I want to see her again and I want to talk to her again. I'd do anything. But, I'm not sure if that's what she wants." Kat came back to the room while chewing something that looks like toast and she also had a glass of orange juice. I stared at Kat knowing that she'll be the one with some crooked ideas that might help me with Jade.

"That's what I'm here for." Kat smiled at me which made me smile. Leigh clears her throat. "Yeah. I think she's also here for that."

"Well, I was not here for that technically, but when the time comes I'll be pretty useful and I'm a force to be reckoned with." Leigh put her hands up in a karate defense pose.

"Then, what are we waiting for? Let's put our plan into action." Kat jumped from her seat and clapped her hands excitedly.

"We have a plan?" I furrowed my eyebrows with a confused expression.

"No. But we're gonna make one. C'mon."

Oh God. I don't know what we are getting into. Please help us. If you could, help me a bit more.

           ************************

"So. Let's start with where she is from. Okay?" Everyone nodded at Kat. "So Pez, where is she staying?"

"I.... I am not... sure...?" I stuttered suddenly remembering that I know shit about her.

"You're not sure? Didn't you ask her?" Leigh asked me tilting her head to the right.

"No.. She must be from around here somewhere." I looked down to the floor, feeling embarrassed.

"Yes. She could be. You met her at Bent's. And also she was not that talkative." Kat nodded her head slowly, a multiple times.

"Okay. Then, let's see go to the place where she works." Leigh provided an idea and looked at me expectantly. I suddenly froze and felt my cheeks burning. Both of them stared at me for a while, before Kat shook her head in disappointment.

"Don't say that you don't know that." Kat looked up and saw me turned my head to my sides.

"How can we search for her if we don't anything about her?" Leigh gently rubbed her temple with her right hand.

"Do you even know her name?" Kat snorted at me while asking. I know that she meant to ask the question as a joke. I found the thread that was peeking out of my t-shirt interesting. I slowly played with that single thread.

"You don't know her name?"

"I know she's Jade. That's all I know."

"You gotta be kidding me." Kat laid down on the couch as if she was shot down. Wow. That's mature.

"Pez, how do we find her without her full name?" Leigh was being generous, not exploding.

"Yeah. How can we find her with just Jade?" Kat spoke from the couch. I shrugged my shoulders and didn't make eye contact with either of them.