Realization

(Three days before Perrie's final decision)

Jade's POV😉

"What the hell are you doing?" I heard a voice filled with annoyance. It was so sudden that I almost lost control of the books that were in my hands. I glared at the person behind me, that happened to be my best friend and colleague Jesy Nelson.

"Nothing." I sighed and walked towards the side door of the library.

"Wait up." Jesy walked a bit faster to catch up with me. Before I reached the exit, she caught me by my arm. I was pulled back to her. "Where do you think you are going?"

"Uh...to class?" I looked at her with a smile, hoping she'd let me go.

"You don't have a class now. I know your schedules like the back of my hand, Ms. Thirlwall." She smirked at me. "What were you really doing here?"
Okay. She caught me. Damn it, Nelson.

"I...I just...uh...I've absolutely no reason to be here. Okay?" I raised my arms as if to convey my lack of reasons.

"Gotcha." Jesy winked at me and I pushed her by her shoulders. "So, Jadeee?" She dragged my name which indicated that she wants to know something.

"Yes, Jesyyy?" I decided to play along with her.

"Who was she?"

"Who?"

"Who were you hiding from?"

"I wasn't."

"Oh really? A blonde woman came searching for you by the hall and you ran away to the library. Am I wrong?"
I had my eyes widened hearing her words. It's official. She knows. She stood there with one of her hands on hips, conveying her aggressive stance.
I smiled at her with a bit of a nervousness. My anxiety kicked in. Shit! I tried to be subtle about it. Am I that obvious?

"What do you mean?" I scratched my head and mumbled.

"I was right behind you. I saw you spotting her, freezing on the spot and stealthily walking away from there. What was that?"

"I...I didn't want her to see me."

"I figured that much. Why?"
I looked around and saw students rushing past us. She saw me looking around. "Wait....Is this the girl you met at the park? You specifically mentioned a blonde haired, blue eyed woman hampering your evening. This is her right? Wow, stalker much?" I stared at her in disbelief. Her memory is amazing! "Do you know her or something?" I frowned and bit my lips. "Okay. This calls for a sleepover at mine. You have to tell me everything. Let's leave together, okay?" I nodded and held the books in my hands tighter. Jesy patted my cheek and walked to probably her class. I sighed and took slow steps to my own class.

        ************************

Perrie is so persistent in seeing me. She seems so interested in me. It's been a week since I knew from Ashley that 'a young woman' was searching for me. I think she likes me. Or is it because she knew what went down a few years back? Does she know what happened? Is that why she's here to see me? The first time I met her at the park, she didn't look aggressive at all. She was sweet and cute. She looked all confused when I was rude to her. This is all so confusing. Perrie was here at the campus with probably her friends. This time though, she was alone. I wonder what happened. I'm not strong enough to talk to her. The situation is very much contradictory. I want to talk to her because I wanna know her since she had managed to pique my interest when I had seen her the last couple of times, but also want to ignore her to possibly avoid any confrontation regarding our past.
           Jesy was a bit late as she had to take an extra class for her students as she'll be on leave the next week. I waited for her by my car. The blonde was certainly on my mind and I had no idea how to discuss this matter with Jesy. She didn't know about my past. She's my best friend and all, but there are certain facets of my life that I have kept from her. I know that I've to talk to someone about this as I've been keeping this within me and silently suffering. But I don't know whether she'll understand me or not. I don't know if she's gonna be offended by the fact that I haven't opened up to her completely.