Talk

Perrie led me to their break room. I couldn't take my eyes off her as she guided me there. I am still too dumbfounded to even utter a sound. We reached the room as she opened the door which held the sign 'Off Limits'. We looked at each other and stood there without taking our eyes off. I don't know how to initiate the conversation here.

"It's good to see you." I told her honestly, after debating in my mind various ice-breakers. Perrie smiled nervously and shifted her attention to her watch.

"You too." Then, again the interaction halted without any words from either of us. The silence was killing me. I know what she must be thinking. She might be thinking that I did not like her. I wanted to convince her otherwise. After several silent minutes, I decided to gather my courage and let out a heavy breath. I need to make plans into actions. Or needs into actions.

"Can I...can I do something?" Perrie gave me a frown and glanced at me in a befuddled look. Slowly, she bobbed her head up and down, giving me the opportunity to do what I want. I carefully approached her in sluggish and deliberate steps to reassure myself that I'm indeed doing this. As I ended up being close to her, I looked into her eyes to make sure I didn't see any inhibitions from her part. I could spot the nervousness, anticipation, hope and worry in her. I hugged her without thinking too much. I just opened my arms, carried her in it and hugged the life out of her. I knew she may not like this action, but I've to do this. I had missed her so much these past few days. I sensed her getting tensed in between my arms and later relaxing and I didn't let go.

"Jade...."

"Shh..." I shushed her and snuggled further into her neck. She smelt so nice. I felt her hands wrapping around my torso. I smiled into her neck. Without letting the hug continue, she pulled herself away from me which resulted in me letting out a whine that I hadn't anticipated. She let out a snigger when she heard my whine. I blushed and looked down to my feet.

"We have to talk Jade."

"I know."

"Why are you here actually? How did you know I work here?" I furrowed my eyes at her question.

"No no. I didn't know that you are here. Jesy, my friend, told me about this place."

"So you never searched for me?" I saw her face falling, thinking that I had never found her worthy of finding.

"Of course, I wanted to find you Perrie. I tried when you stopped trying." I sighed and pressed my back to the nearby wall.

"I thought you didn't want me to see you." She approached me slowly, standing close to me.

"Maybe at first." I saw her frowning and I quickly wanted to let her know that I don't think like that now. "But, now things have changed." Perrie raised her head and narrowed her eyes, probably wondering what I meant.

"What do you mean?"

"Before that, tell me why did you search for me?"
Perrie suddenly shifted her gaze away from me and looked outside the window. I could guess, but I want her to tell me the reason.

"Don't you know by now that I like you?"
I stared at her in surprise hearing her confession. She looked back at me and hold out her hands. I looked down at her extended hand and back to her eyes. Her eyes showed her love and affection for me. It was quite visible. I didn't want to think too much into this. I smiled and caught her hand and she pulled me close to her. We stood so close that one movement will result in our lips meeting. I knew that I wanted that. She scanned my face for any signs of apprehension. When she didn't see any, she leaned forward and placed a chaste, gentle peck on my lips. She was about to pull back, before I pulled her back in and kissed her on her lips. She seemed surprised at first, but got on track and kissed me back with fervour.