NY 2

Jade's POV

"Per..." I had my mouth open and I couldn't get them to close. I can't believe that she just did that. Her face looked so excited like she got the present that she wanted so much. God! This is so tense. I tried to speak and nothing is coming out. She made me speechless.

The seconds that were passing by without any one of us speaking was making the frown on her face quite obvious. The smile that adorned her face faded.

"Well, can't say I didn't try." Perrie scoffed and let her head down and let out a sigh. It was painful to watch her like that.

"Per..."

"No, it's...it's fine...It's okay. I get it." She still didn't look at me.

"Look at me." I cupped her jaw and tried to pull her face towards me. She was obstinate in staying the way she was.

"I thought...I thought...we could...you know... together...."

"That's great babe...but..."

"Oh God, you think I'm moving too fast, right?"

She looked at me, her face showing regret and that made me feel bad. I made her sad.

"No... it's...it's not just that..."

"That was not my intention." Perrie said in a quiet whisper.

"I know baby. I just don't think this was a logical idea. That's all."

"Not logical? Why not?" She turned to face me suddenly with her legs crossed by her knees and hands crossed across her chest. Seems like we are gonna have a lengthy discussion about this.

"Have you given this any thoughts?" I asked her in a meek tone. She had her brows furrowed which later disappeared.

"Not really...I just thought..." She groaned and lied down in the bed. I couldn't get myself to comfort her in anyway as I was a bit shocked at her demand. We just remained silent for a while, both of us not uttering a syllable. I could spot that her eyes were not closed and she wa staring at the ceiling, trying to steer the conversation to a sensible conclusion.

"Per..."

"Why do..." We opened our mouths at the same time and closed it shut when we heard the other person talking.

"What?" I asked her, still seated on the spot that I was sitting.

"Why do you think you don't wanna come to New York?"

"I don't wanna leave here."

"What about us then?"

"Per...this is my home. My place. I can't just leave it all behind to find happiness in another country." It might have sounded a bit harsh. She is my happiness too, but I can't think about leaving my comfort.

"Oh." Yep. She took it the wrong way.

"Babe...You asked me this in an impulse. Your sensible mind knew that that was an improbable question."

"But I want you there with me. I can't survive New York otherwise."

"Can you please sit? I want to talk to your face."
She raised her body and let her back rest on the headrest. She was not looking at me still while my eyes were trained in her, without taking them off. She must have sensed my burning eyes, for she turned her head and looked at me.

"It's not because I don't want to be with you. We are just... moving at a fast pace."

I knew that the moment the sentence left my mouth, I regretted it. My eyes were widened and Perrie's face also gave the feeling that she was offended. Her head was snapped to face me and I gulped down hard.