We Get Three New Campers and One is a Giant Flirt

Holly POV

•three days later•

"We're never going to figure this out!" I complained to Annabeth. It's been three days since Percy has gone missing. I'm worried out of my mind.

"Holly, Hera just talked to me in a dream. She said a guy with one shoe would have the answer."

"The what?" Hera was stupid. That didn't explain anything!

"You shouldn't say that out loud, but I agree with you." Guess I thought out loud again. "Go back to bed. You haven't slept since you found out about Percy's disappearance."

"I slept once," I protested.

"Once isn't enough for three nights," she told me. I sighed and went back to her cabin.

I fell asleep hearing her talking to Chiron and the Stolls pranking Katie Gardner. Man, I wish I would've seen what they did this time.

~~~Line Break~~~

"Holly. Wake up. There's three new campers." I sat up. I didn't really care, but I brushed my hair for the first time in three days (and it was HARD), stuck it in a ponytail, and went out.

Annabeth had brought three new campers. Fun.

All of them were about fifteen. One of the guys had close-cropped blonde hair and electric blue eyes. His eyes reminded me of Thalia's, who once was a tree. Now she's an immortal Huntress. Long story.

The girl had choppy brown hair and eyes that seemed to change color. She was really pretty, but seemed to hide it. I liked her.

The last guy was a pretty short guy that looked like one of Santa's little elf people, but a Mexican. He had this mischievous smile that made me think he was a Hermes kid, but at the same time I was pretty sure he wasn't. I'm weird like that.

"This is Holly." Oh, okay, Annabeth's introducing me. I waved.

The Latino elf guy grinned. "Is she taken?"

"Yes." Thank the gods for Pippin. "Back off."

"You're lucky," he complained. I pretended to be flattered.

"Everybody loves me," I said innocently. Clarisse, head of the Ares cabin, laughed. "I don't."

"Shut up Clarisse, you're ruining the moment," I yelled at her.

The Latino guy groaned. "Do you have a twin?" I laughed. He was like Will, but funny. I kind of liked him, but not like I like Pippin. Just as a friend. Oh my gods, how tall is he, like 5' 6"? Dang, he's short...

"Holly?" I snapped back to reality.

"Sorry, I have sucky ADHD," I explained.

"I have ADHD too," the Latino guy said. "We could be twins."

I snorted. We looked nothing alike.

"Holly, Pippin, this is Jason, Piper, and Leo."

Leo looked at me wistfully, then turned to Pippin. "Any chance you two will break up soon?"

Pippin looked like he was ready to fight this guy, but I rolled my eyes and remained somewhat playful. "It's not gonna happen. Quit trying."

He rolled his eyes. "Are there any single chicks here?"

"Not many," I said.

"Katie's single," Pippin said.

"Yeah, but she totally has a crush on Travis Stoll, so that'll never work." Pippin looked horrified.

"Katie's with TRAVIS?!"

"Not so loud!" I frantically shushed him. "Not yet, but I think they will be soon."

"Wow. I never saw that coming," he muttered. I smiled.

"Drew's single," Pippin said.

"I wouldn't pair my worst enemy up with Drew," I told him.

"True."

"What about me?"

"Speak of the-" I cut Pippin off.

"Hey Drew, we were talking about how nice you are to everyone." She smiled.

"Aww, really?" She ruffled my hair. "What a nice kid." I am so glad I took lying lessons from the Stoll brothers. I thought they were stupid, but they pay off in moments like this.

Drew decided quickly that she liked Jason. I could see her flirting.

"Would somebody explain to me what claiming is?" Piper demanded. As if on cue, Leo was claimed by Hephaestus.

"That," Annabeth told her, "is claiming."

He looked up and yelped. "Is my hair on fire?!"

Jason looked up. "That's the symbol of Vulcan, isn't it?"

"Vulcan? I don't even LIKE Star Trek!" I laughed.

Will Solace from the Apollo cabin took him off. Annabeth took Piper, and Drew took Jason. Poor Jason, I hope he survives.

"No one survives the horrible Drew Tanaka," Pippin said in a mysteriously deep voice.

"Ooh, scary," I said sarcastically, and walked off.