I Hate Freakin Hyperthermia

Holly POV

When I woke up again, I felt awful. I was freezing cold and was probably about to puke. I realized no one else was in the room.

I got up and made a beeline for the toilet. After puking about five times, I stumbled back to my bed.

Pippin walked into the room with a doctor. He ran over and hugged me. "Thank the gods you're awake," he murmured in my ear.

I hugged him back, and after a bit the doctor cleared his throat. Pippin jumped away, blushing. I smiled.

"You're making fun of me," he complained.

I groaned, feeling nauseous again. "How sick am I?" I asked Pippin.

He sighed. "You've had hyperthermia for four days now." Well, that explains why I'm cold. I have chills.

I was not upset about how long I was out for. I was upset about getting sick. "Again?!" I screamed. I had gotten hyperthermia once before, when I was five. It was really sucky. We almost went bankrupt, because Gabe didn't help us, even though he probably had a ton of money. I remember smacking him upside the head in the hospital and begging him to help me. Eventually I threatened to call the President and he finally gave in. Although I didn't even have a phone at the time, I was five, so why would he be scared?

"I'm hungry," I complained.

The doctor gave me a cracker-looking thing. I shrugged and ate it. I was out within seconds. I hate doctors.

~~Line Break~~~

Pippin was asleep next to me when I woke up. He looked so peaceful. I think he was smiling, but I couldn't really see, it was really dark. Well, it's two in the morning, so that makes sense.

Even though I still felt pretty sick, I decided to try something. I snuck out, careful not to wake anyone, and put on my swimsuit. I left my clothes next to Pippin, since everyone else's were sprawled all over the floor and I didn't want to lose my stuff in all of that.

I grabbed a key and snuck down to the pool, which was locked. Dang it. Then I heard snoring. I walked into the lobby, and the worker guy was asleep. On a hook were a ton of keys. Maybe one of them unlocked the pool.

Like any normal girl with hyperthermia, I jumped the desk like a ninja, grabbed the keys, and jumped back over. Thankfully they were labeled, and one of them said 'Pool'. I unlocked the pool door, then propped it open with a towel. I then snuck the keys back where they belonged.

I removed the towel once I was safely inside. I went down the slide and as soon as I splashed into the water, I felt instant relief. My brilliant plan had worked.

However, it had a few flaws. I'm not surprised, it's not like I'm an Athena kid with all of the completely perfect plans. I had forgotten about what would happen if the others woke up, and I also didn't realize how long I'd been gone for. At 8 in the morning, Pippin appeared, looking really mad. I smiled nervously. "Hey..."

He grabbed me and yanked me out. I could've sworn his eyes were golden, but I ignored my stupid eyes. Half the time they sucked. Then he smacked me upside the head. Sure it hurt, but I kind of deserved it. I had just left without any warning.

Of course I was already dry, so we rode the elevator up to our room in silence. It was really awkward and I felt horrible. When we got back into the room itself, Lily grinned.

"Your plan was genius, but how'd you open the pool?" I decided not to ask how she figured it out. I just explained.

Lily was amazed by it all. Pippin didn't respond. No one else was awake.

I turned to Pippin. "Look, I'm-"

He almost immediately cut me off. "Not this time. You are not getting out of this that easily." He went off to pack. Guess we're leaving.

"What's with him? I've never seen him so angry," Lily said.

I was about to agree when it hit me. This explains why his eyes were golden.

"He's being possessed."

"What? How do we get him un-possessified?" Only Lily could use a word like un-possessified.

I had another idea, but it couldn't work, and I knew why.

"I really wish Will was here," I muttered. Then, to my horror, he attacked me.