Lily Fails to Notice the Obvious

Holly POV

•four days later•

We've stopped for bathroom breaks once a day. We've had five bathroom breaks. Meaning we've been in this jeep for five days now.

"Are we any closer to Mexico?" Lily complained.

"We're in Mexico," I said, looking at a giant neon green sign that said 'Welcome to Mexico!'

"How do you know?" She challenged. Pippin saw the sign and coughed to hide his laughter.

I pointed to the sign and she grinned. "Oh. I knew that."

"How much longer?" Lily complained about fifteen minutes later.

"A day or so?" James guessed. It would be awkward that I was sharing a seat with him, but he was so much like Percy that it felt perfectly normal. Hopefully he doesn't have a strange and unhealthy Disney obsession.

"Go to sleep," James told me. "You look tired."

I was about to protest about being able to sleep in this kind of condition, but my body disagreed and fell asleep anyway.

~~~Holly's Asleep so yeah~~~

I was roughly shaken awake by James. "We're here."

I was freakin exhausted. I wondered why, until I remembered that I hadn't slept since...well, since I was in New York. That's unhealthy.

I sat up and groaned. "How long was I asleep?"

"Two days," Pippin informed me. He grabbed my hand and helped me out of the car. I almost fell on his face.

"Sorry," I smiled apologetically. "Then I realized what he said. "Wait, what?! Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"You were so peaceful," he muttered. Ugh, why is my boyfriend such a softie sometimes?

"So what? I didn't need to sleep that long!" I complained. Then I realized how hungry I was.

"Your stomach's grumbling," Lily said.

"I wonder why," I muttered sarcastically.

"Is there any good restaurants here?" James asked.

"Is there Chick-Fil-A here?" I wondered aloud. Of course, I knew there wasn't, but I wanted some.

Pippin grinned. "Chick-Fil-A is the bomb."

"I know!"

"Guys, shut up, we need to eat," Daniel said. "I'm really hungry."

"I haven't eaten in two days!" I snapped at him.

A girl about James' age walked up and started talking in rapid Spanish. James was replying just as fast.

Eventually the girl left and he grinned at us. "First off, I got her number." I rolled my eyes. "Second, she said there's a hotel about two blocks down. Third, there's a good restaurant next to it."

"Well let's go," I said, and we walked off.

When we got to the hotel, I groaned when I realized how much money I had.

"I've got enough for four rooms, but if I did that we'd have about $15 left. So we're having two rooms."

"Only two?" Daniel cried. "That means we have to share beds!"

"Exactly," I said. Then I turned to Pippin, who blushed. "Don't do anything stupid."

~~~Line Break~~~

Ashton, Lily, Daniel, Hank, Pippin, and I were in one room, while James, Chase, Liam, Gavin, Jake, and Turner were in another. Thankfully, our rooms were right next to each other.

We all ate at the restaurant that actually was right next to the hotel. The food was great. When we got back, James peeked his head in.

"Don't be making out under the covers," he told us. Lily and I laughed. Our boyfriends' faces were redder than Turner's hair. Hank and Daniel weren't paying attention.

He left and I looked around in my bag for a swimsuit. I remembered seeing a pool near the lobby.

Finally I found it. "You have a swimsuit?" Daniel complained.

I grinned. "Actually, I kept all of yours and have them." I handed them out.

Lily grinned. "That's kind of creepy, but thanks."

I shrugged. "I've been hanging out with Daniel too much." He whacked me upside the head.

"Maybe you won't be as tired if you get in the pool," Pippin suggested. Stupid Athena smarticles. (Pippin, help! I don't want to die!)

"Maybe," I agreed, a little annoyed that he found out so quickly. "Let's get changed."

After we all were in swimsuits (thankfully I found a good one-piece this time-it's blue) we walked out. There was only one problem.

"Dang it! I forgot the key!"