Holly Steals-sorry, TAKES-Something Important

Pippin POV

I was still shocked that Will sacrificed himself. I was also surprised that he took Holly's sword. Wait...

"Holly? Did you get your sword back?"

She hesitated. Then she sighed with relief. "Yeah, I grabbed it right before I left."

"Good," I grinned.

"How much longer?" Lily complained, like the child she is. (Holly, can I please hide in your closet?!)

"About a long time!" James said.

Hank cleared his throat. "To be precise, it's-"

"Look out for the semi!" Holly screamed. James swerved around it. "We're off the dirt road!" He said.

"No," Lily said sarcastically.

"So, what are you guys doing in Mexico City?" Holly blinked.

"You guys actually told him to go that far?!"

James grinned at her. "Relax, I've always wanted to go. But do you guys just live in Mexico, or could we go farther...?"

Holly smiled. I could tell she liked this guy. "Could we stop in Mexico? If everything goes like it should, I'll give you directions to somewhere else."

"Sweet, I'm in." James grinned. "You guys are awesome. So, how did you all meet?"

The only one who actually knew what to say was Holly. "We met at a summer camp. We go every year."

"Oh, that's cool! Where is this summer camp?"

"Long Island."

"Sweet." Then he looked a little nervous. "Um, can I ask you something?"

"You just did," Holly smiled.

He laughed. "Yeah, but something else."

"Okay."

"Do you know any Greek myths?" Holly almost hit the breaks on accident. Hank started rambling on all of the myths he knew.

"Smarty-pants," Lily muttered.

James spoke over Hank. "I'm assuming you do. Did you know that-"

"They're all real?" Holly guessed.

He blinked. "You guys are demigods too?"

"Yep."

"You seem really powerful," James pointed at her. "And so are you." He pointed at Liam.

"Maybe because I'm a daughter of Poseidon and he's a son of Hades."

"Woah, really? I thought they made a pact or something-"

Holly revealed something that I never would have guessed. "Dad cheated on the pact, but Liam was transported through time. He was born before the pact was made."

"You were?" I asked him. He nodded and told us the story.

"A guy in a time machine came and got me. They dropped me off in this time period then went back to his own. About three hours later I met you."

"So you were only nine," I said. He nodded again.

"Wow," James said. "That's...great. Dau-I mean son of Hermes, by the way."

Holly snickered and Lily groaned. "How many kids is Dad going to have?"

"Oh, you're my half-sister," James muttered.

"Yeah, and he's your half-brother," she replied, pointing at Daniel.

Daniel must not have been paying attention to the conversation. "When did I come up in this?"

Lily gestured to James. "We have another sibling."

"Oh, sweet!" Daniel grinned.

"Is there a restroom nearby?" Holly asked.

"I think there's an exit about ten miles up ahead. I need gas, and you can go do your business at the gas station."

She nodded in agreement. As soon as we got there she bolted and was inside within three seconds.

"She's fast," James said. He started to fill the jeep and told us, "You guys should go too, we aren't stopping again for a while. Get some food while you're in there." We all went inside.

Immediately girls starting flirting with Chase. The rest of us slipped away.

Lily said something like, "I have to pee!" and ran into the restroom.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "We'd better go too, so we won't have to stop again."

After we did our business, I found Holly comparing candy prices. Well, actually she was trying to read the prices.

I had dyslexia too, but I could generally read numbers. Sometimes. "That one's $3.99 and the other one's $2.49."

She shrugged and got the more expensive one. Then I realized why. The bag was pretty big, at least six inches in height and width.

"Holly, do you have any money?" I looked up and almost had a heart attack. I knew it was Daniel, I recognized his voice, but he was covered in candy bags and soda cans.

"Not that much!" Holly said. She looked amazed. She was probably wondering how he's holding that much by himself.

"But don't you have a lot of drachmas?"

"You can't pay with drachmas at a gas station!"

"Why not?"

She sighed in exasperation. "Because we're the only special people here." I can't believe how easily she handled that.

"Special people? I thought we were-"

"Shut up!" She kicked him in the shin...I hope that was his shin.

He screamed and curled into a ball, sprawling candy and soda cans all over the place. So it wasn't his shin.

She obviously wasn't expecting that, but she grinned. "I'll see how much I can get."

After ten minutes all of us were complaining to Holly that she was rich. She laughed.

"That's a lie."

"Then how did you pay for all of that?" Daniel asked.

She held up a credit card. I recognized it as her mom's. (We've gone to the movies before. I liked the Desolation of Smaug, but did he get desolated?! Sorry, I'm getting off topic.)

"You stole your mom's credit card?" I asked.

She grinned. "My mom watched me take it."

I shrugged. "Just get all of this food back in the jeep."

We all got situated again and James asked Holly, "So you have a credit card?"

She nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"No reason. Let's go." He stepped on it and almost broke my neck.