Hank Reads Fashion Magazines

Pippin POV

So far we've traveled a good four hours. We're currently on a ferry that will take us back to the mainland. Lily was singing about the Wizard of Oz, Hank was reading a-a fashion magazine?! Wow...Turner was watching Daniel get stuck in a baby swing. That's great. Oh, Ashton's taking pictures, probably for blackmail, even better. Will was flirting with some girl and everyone else was on their phones, except for Holly. She was taking a nap. She had said to me earlier that she was going to need a lot of energy for this trip. Obviously, she was right, plus she hasn't gotten much sleep lately, so I let her sleep on a beach chair.

I was very unsocial until she woke up when the ferry ride ended. We got off.

Some people woke up great, some people woke up horribly. Holly was both, it depended on her mood. Thankfully, she'd woken up okay this time.

"We're heading west," she said, then turned to Hank. "Um, which way's west?"

We all laughed as he told her where the directions were. She smiled. "Great! I have a new compass. Let's go." We marched (yes, marched, do you have a problem?) down the road.

Will was flirting with every girl he saw. Eventually Holly got tired of it and dragged him up with her. I wasn't too happy about it, but he was overjoyed.

He asked her a lot of questions about herself. Most people loved talking about themselves, but Holly gave the shortest answer possible to every question.

"I feel like I know you a lot better now," he said.

"Do you?" She muttered. I laughed. She was talking about leaving her alone.

"Yeah." He didn't get the hint.

Fortunately, Holly had worked on faking kindness. "How about you go talk to Chase about girls?"

He smirked. "Like you?"

She groaned. "Go away." He walked off. I smiled and walked up to her.

"Do you hate him or something?" I asked her.

Her expression softened. "No. He just...reminds me of Percy."

"Why?" They looked absolutely nothing alike.

"They're both so dense." I burst out laughing. After a minute she joined in.

No one questioned us. After a few more hours or so Holly plopped down under a tree.

"We're resting." No one objected.

Almost everyone were out like lights. Lily, Turner and I were the only ones awake.

"So," Lily clasped her hands together. "Go Fish?"

After twenty (yes, twenty) rounds of Go Fish Lily and Turner went to bed. I was about to go to bed myself when Holly woke up in tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She hugged me tightly and whispered in my ear, "Angels can't fly. Don't try it." To this day I still don't quite understand what she meant.