We Hitch a Ride with a Very Generous Teenager

Pippin POV

"Hey sleepyhead, get up! You've been asleep for over eight hours!" Lily yelled at me.

I sat up. "Isn't that a good thing?" I muttered sleepily.

"No! We have to keep moving if you ever want to see your girlfriend again!" That got me moving. I was up and ready in five seconds flat.

"Good." We proceeded into the jungle.

For the next five hours I listened to Lily sing songs that I've never heard of. The amazing thing was that she wasn't that bad. One of them was Turn Down for What, which made no sense at all. Another was Light Em Up. That one was kind of fun.

I don't remember the rest of them. Then a guy, maybe seventeen, drove up in a jeep.

"Hi kiddos." At least he seemed friendly. "You guys lost?"

Hank was probably about to say no, but Lily blurted, "Yeah. We're orphans, and have no idea where we're going..."

He looked sympathetic, and it definitely wasn't fake. "You need a ride somewhere?"

Lily sniffed and nodded. She was a pretty good actress.

"I'm not sure if I can fit all of you, but we can definitely try." We actually did. The three skinniest people crammed into the passenger seat (which ended up being me, Lily and Chase) and the rest climbed into the back. How they managed to seven people in three seat, I will never know. Then again, we fit three into one.

"Okay, where are you guys headed?" The guy asked.

"Mexico City," Lily said. His eyes widened.

"Guys, I don't know if I can take you that far..." Then he grinned. "Oh well. Free trip for me." And to my amazement, he drove off.

"Um, what's your name?" I asked him.

He smiled. "Samwise Gamgee."

"Seriously?!" Lily almost screamed.

He laughed. "I wish. No, I'm James. What about you guys?" We introduced all of ourselves.

James smiled. "Nice to meet all of you."

"Um, if we find them, can we try and fit two more people? They're our best friends, but we got separated." Lily explained how Holly and Will got separated from us.

He sighed. "I knew that bridge would break. And if you can fit them, the more the merrier."

"Thank you so much," Lily said gratefully. We drove along until we heard the first scream.