Apparently I was Dead

Holly POV

I was jolted awake only an hour after I went to bed. I checked the time.

I realized that monsters were right outside the border. I got up, grabbed my sword and went out.

Sadly, I forgot I was wearing very bright pajamas. I was planning to sneak up on them, but that quickly changed. Thankfully, I was a quick thinker. I went into swag-beast mode and within a few minutes all of the monsters were gone. Or so I thought.

By five, I made sure that every single monster was gone. Gods, fighting monsters for four hours was tiring. I didn't even make it to the Big House. I pretty much faceplanted into the hill and went tumbling down. I passed out at the bottom.

~~~whee~~~

"Holly? Holly!" Pippin sounded frantic. I was about to open my eyes when I heard him say, "I guess she's dead. I still don't feel a heartbeat." He sounded miserable.

My eyes snapped open. "Who told you I was dead?!" I almost screamed at him. Thankfully, I quickly realized that I was completely unhurt.

He kissed me more passionately than I ever thought he would. Of course, I didn't object. When we broke apart, he hugged me tightly.

I hugged him back, but I knew something was wrong.

"I died, didn't I?" I blurted.

"Bingo. For half an hour." He had been giving me nectar. I choked on it and quickly swallowed.

"Half an hour?!"

He nodded. "No heartbeat, no breathing, nothing. Gods, I was terrified. Where the flip were you?"

"Wait, what time is it?" I sat up.

He didn't stop me. "Are you okay? Do you want to go now? Oh, um, it's five past 10."

I hopped up. "I was planning on leaving way earlier! And I'm fine, just a bit sore in the face. I faceplanted and tumbled down Half-Blood Hill."

He winced. "Ouch. Well, let's go. If you need to, we can take a rest at any time."

I laughed. "I don't get tired easily." I walked out and got the others.

"You guys ready?" I asked them.

They nodded. "Hey look, I got a backpack." Lily grinned.

"Backpack, backpack," Daniel sang, sounding like a freakish guy version of Dora. So...an older Diego. "Yeah!"

"You're such a child," I complained.

"You did a science report on a freakin love potion!" My face burned as I remembered that incident in fourth grade.

Pippin suppressed a laugh. "Really?"

"Maybe," I said, trying to avoid the subject. "Let's go."