Holly Goes Missing

Pippin POV

•six days later•

"No, YOU pay!"

"You're the one with all the money!"

"Not anymore!"

I was awkwardly sitting in the back seat as Lily and Holly argued about who would pay to get through the toll gate.

I sighed and got out my wallet. I didn't have much, but it was enough to get us through.

"Here." I handed Lily the money. She handed it to the woman. When she asked for her driver's license, Lily freaked. We had planned this.

"I left it at the hotel!" She cried. She looked really upset. "I'm sorry ma'am, I have to find my brother, he could be dead-"

"It's alright." The woman was understanding. "Go on." She let us through.

"I didn't expect that to work," Lily muttered after we were far away from that place.

"Neither did I," Holly said. "Maybe it was my baby-seal face in the background."

"Your what?"

Holly demonstrated. She looked like a lost puppy, only twenty times cuter.

"How could you say no to that?!" Lily cried. "You look so innocent and tiny."

"Is that a good thing?" Holly wondered aloud.

"Of course! You could do that when you're like forty to get rid of wrinkles or something." Holly suppressed a laugh.

"Like that would work." There was a long silence.

"Pippin, you've been awfully quiet," Lily said. Since when did I come into this conversation?

"I'm just thinking," I muttered. I looked out the window. I almost screamed.

Right outside was some kind of wolf thing.

"Woah, what the flip is that?" Lily cried.

"Lily, watch your language," Holly and I said simultaneously.

"Shut up! Seriously, what is that?"

"I don't know, a wolf?!" Holly screamed. She was definitely not very happy.

"Calm down," I told her, hopefully not sounding as nervous as I felt.

"Pippin, shut up!" Both girls yelled at me. Well I feel loved.

Without warning, Holly jumped out of the car.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed. She did a ninja roll and somehow ended up completely unhurt. How she managed to do that with the car going 40 mph I will never know.

She ignored me and kept going. I was getting really worried.

"Go after her." Lily actually looked serious about this.

"Lily-"

"Pippin, just go." She stopped the car and I got out.

•half an hour later•

"Holly!" I cried. She had ran off and I still couldn't find her. Was she trying to get away?

"Pippin?" I whirled around to see Percy.

"Hey Percy," I muttered. Then my mind began to work properly. "Wait, where have you been?"

"Here." He grinned. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you know where Holly is?" I asked.

He looked confused. "Holly's here?"

I nodded. "She came this way, but I'm not sure exactly where she went."

"I'll help if you want," he offered. I nodded and we continued the search.

After about fifteen minutes or so, I found a piece of paper taped to a tree.

"It's from Holly," Percy murmured.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"It's in her handwriting and her signature is at the bottom."

"Oh. I knew that." I feel stupid now.

Percy read it aloud. "'To Pippin, Lily, and/or Percy: hopefully you know that it's me. If not, have someone slap some sense into you.'"

"That sounds like Holly," I muttered. Percy grinned and continued.

"'Whoever ends up reading this, stop looking for me. I've known this would happen since we first started looking for Percy. Go back to camp and don't worry about me. I promise I will be fine. Pippin, Lily, if you find Percy, slap him for me. Percy, brace yourself. Lots of love, Holly.'

"What's that supposed to-ow!" Percy had a giant red hand mark on his face.

"What? She said to slap you," Lily said. I grinned.

"You guys suck," he muttered.

"Did you find her?" I asked Lily.

She shook her head. "There's no one here."

Percy looked just as scared as I felt. I almost had a heart attack when I heard my phone ring.

I answered it. "Who is this?"

"Do you not have caller ID?"

"Daniel?"

"Yeah. We're back at camp, where are you?" I was relieved that they made it back.

"We're in California. We found Percy, but Holly just went missing." I really should've gone after her, I'm a horrible person-

"Don't say that! She probably didn't give you a chance to go after her." I hate thinking out loud.

"You're right, but I-"

"Shut your face. Quit making yourself feel bad, she probably walked right into whatever mess she got herself into."

"You're such a nice person Daniel. I hope you know that."

"Can it. She probably doesn't want you worrying about her. I bet she's fine."

"That's what she said in the letter," I said, sounding just as miserable as I felt. "She also said to go back to camp."

"Wouldn't you want to do what she wants you to do?" Sadly, he had a point.

"Yeah. I guess we should go."

"Wait! Have you tried calling her phone?" He asked me.

"She left it at camp," I muttered.

"Doesn't she have Will's?" I grinned.

"You're a genius!"

"No, your brain just shut down." He laughed.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Okay, see you later." I hung up and called Will's phone. It went straight to voicemail. I almost burst into tears, but I'm a man, so I didn't. (Oh shut up Lily!)

"Let's just go back to camp," Percy said.

"Are you sure?" Lily asked. "This is your sister we're talking about."

"Yes, but I don't want to keep looking. It's just making me more depressed. Plus, she'd kill us if we stayed."

"Right," she said. "Well, we've got to have some transportation back. Anyone have any ideas?"

"No planes!" Percy screamed.

"No planes," I agreed. Percy would remind me of Holly, and then I would be sad for a while.

"Well, we'll figure it out in the morning," Lily said. "I'm tired." Without another word she laid down on the grass and was asleep within seconds. Percy shrugged and followed suit. I fell asleep shortly after.

The next day I found myself in the Athena cabin.