Holly and Will Get Separated From Us in a Giant Jungle

Pippin POV

The bridge started to collapse. Holly was scared out of her mind. "Are you freaking kidding me?!"

Will grabbed onto her hand. She didn't object, but she definitely didn't look happy about it.

As the bridge kept collapsing, she wriggled out of his grip. "We've got to get to the other side!"

I was about ready to blow off Hera's head. Why the heck did she move us to the Amazon?! She could've actually been helpful.

Right before we got too far apart, I yelled at Holly, "Stay safe!"

I wasn't quite sure what her response was, but I'm pretty sure it was, "I will! Meet us-" And that's about all I got.

Lily started swearing the moment I scrambled off the bridge. I told her to shut up. Then I broke down. I stopped when I heard Holly scream.

I looked up, and she and Will were hanging over the side. I could hear her screaming at him, "Help me out, would you?! Do you have any upper body strength?!"

I knew Holly didn't have her phone, she told me she left it at camp. So I texted Will, and told him, 'There's water at the bottom of the chasm. Tell Holly to use it to get you guys up.' I sent it, and five seconds later he got his phone out of his pocket. He read it and put it back in, and (probably) told Holly what I said. A few minutes later the water rose them up and onto the other side. Will was wet and coughing, and Holly staggered over to a tree. Will handed her his phone, and she started texting. A few minutes later, my phone buzzed. I quickly read the message:

'Hey, it's Holly. I took Will's phone. Fortunately, you saved our lives. Thanks. Unfortunately, that water isn't normal water, and I'm left completely drained. Worst part: guess where all of the supplies are?'

I almost fainted. This couldn't be happening...I looked up and found her. Surprisingly, she was grinning. She texted me something else.

'Just kidding, I have lots of supplies. But you should've seen your face. 😂'

I sighed with relief then groaned. I texted back, 'How can you joke around in times like these?'

Her reply made sense. 'Lily's rubbed off on me.'

Lily laughed. "She totally played you. I love that girl."

I rolled my eyes. "Tell Will I said happy birthday." I remembered that he was turning fourteen today.

'It's his birthday? Okay.' I assumed that she told him. He grinned.

Holly pulled something out of her pocket, then pulled on it. Confetti sprayed all over both of them.

I laughed. So did everyone else.

'That was fun.' Holly texted me. 'But you guys should go. Meet us in Mexico City.'

'But that's forever away!' I texted back. 'How am I supposed to survive without you for that long?'

'Aww, you're sweet. But trust me, that's where we should meet. Stay safe. Tell us all of Lily's jokes. ❤️'

How she got the heart, I'll never know. I sighed and got up.

"Come on," I said. "We've got to keep moving."