31 Days Until Graduation

Trigger Warning: Verbal Homophobia and Graphic Abuse. Stay safe guys xx

Sorry its not as long as usual guys, but I really wanted the story to progress in this chapter. ♡

*****

{Day 9: 31 Days to go}

~~Roman~~

I strolled in to see my mother making my breakfast like normal. Grabbing a towel by the door, I wiped the sweat off my face and took off my shoes. Turning back to the kitchen, I saw my food ready on side, my mother now making a cup of tea.

"Hey sweetheart?" She asked as I sat at the island, to eat.

"Yes mother? And thank you."

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?" She smiled. I stopped eating, shaking my head.

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm worried, most boys your age would have a girlfriend by now. But you don't, or at least you haven't told me."

"Why are you worried? And Patton doesn't have a girlfriend, why aren't you concerned about him?"

"Patton is a lovely boy, but you are my first priority." She sipped her tea. "I worry you might be gay."

"Mother! Even if I was, why would that be an issue?"

"Because it's wrong!" I scoffed at her. "What are you scoffing for, mister? It is wrong and if I find out you're gay, I'll send you to live with your father!"

"I've never even met him! You don't have contact! I bet he doesn't even know I exist!" I shouted, upset.

"You know nothing! You're just a child, go to your room!"

"But, mother-"

"GO!" She shouted with a stern look, pointing to the stairs. I grabbed my plate and headed upstairs. I didn't notice I was crying until the tears turned into waterfalls.

Why am I crying? Im straight anyway! ...perhaps its because my friends are homosexual and I'm protective? Yeah! Thats why. I'm angry because she insulted my friends and it's not wrong. She insulted the entire LGBTQ+ community.

I got ready, grabbed my keys and left without saying goodbye. I was very early so I drove to Virgil's. I'm not sure why, it just felt like the thing to do.

Knocking on the door, I waited. I heard some fumbling with keys and the door opened.

"Hey, is Virgil here?" I asked, my voice sounding sad. Raven signaled for me to come closer. I crouched to her height and she whispered in my ear. Keeping the door as close as possible.

"You need to leave, Virgil will see you at school." She checked behind her vefore turning back again. "Ayúdanos." I looked at her confused, she smiled before closing the door.

I stayed for a moment thinking. Through the door I could hear voices.

"Who was that?"
"It was no one, father."
"What do you mean, 'no one'?"
"Some kids playing knock 'o door run."
"Mm."
"C'mon Raven, we need to leave soon."